I. Position Information
1) Position Title: Project Officer, Livelihood project in Kibondo, Kigoma (1 Post)
2) Department: GNTZ Field Office in Kibondo
3) Position Status: Contract/ Field Resident/ Not Rotational
II. Organizational and Project Context
Enhancing livelihoods and self-reliance of Congolese and Burundian refugees with mixed solution
Population Planning Group(s):
Congolese and Burundian Refugees in Camps and Asylum-Seekers in Tanzania
Protection and Livelihood for Burundian Refugees
Project Implementation Period:
1st January, 2016 – 31st December, 2016
III. Duties and Responsibilities
· Supporting GNTZ Livelihoods project in Nduta and Mtendeli Refugee Camp under the supervision of Field Project Manager
· Ensuring project operations and delivery of the project components;
· Coordination with UNHCR and other partner agencies
· Efficient support to tasks related to PR, donor field visit, programming new projects, monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
· Identifies short and medium term strategies for effective livelihood intervention towards Burundian refugees
· Conducts research on the livelihoods of Burundian refugees in the Nduta and Mtendeli camp and asylum seekers
· Identifies opportunity of economic cooperation between camps and surrounding host communities
· Establishes short, medium and long term livelihood strategy with durable solution which is jointly invented with UNHCR and other partner agencies
· Establishes vocational centre as a venue of learning and sharing LH information
· Constructs ‘Livelihood Canters’ in Nduta and Mtendeli camps
· Invents and providing vocational training program to Burundian refugees
· Identifies and hires Burundian professionals as an instructor of vocational program
· Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents
· Leveraging conflict in the interests of GNTZ& setting standards
· Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning
· Ability to lead formulation, oversight of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects.
· Ability to apply development theory to the specific country context to identify creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
· Builds strong relationships with clients such as refugees and host community members, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
· Deals diplomatically with challenging bureaucratic processes, and pressure to meet strict deadlines.
· Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills.
· Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress and adapt to rapidly evolving situations.
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment with sound understanding and capability to empower and develop the capacity of national counterparts.
· An advanced university degree in development, business, or related social science fields
· Work experience with international/local NGOs in program/project implementation and management in the area of community development, refugee services, and livelihood projects/program would be an asset. Especially working experience in the refugee camp with UN agencies, especially UNHCR would be considered favourably in the selection procedure.
· Excellent command of written and spoken English
· Ability in spoken French would be an asset.
VI. Application Instructions
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit application letter and CVs with three referees names and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Closing date is 28th April, 2016 16:00 pm.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· For more information, visit our website: www.goodneighbors.kr