Job Vacancy: JOURNALISTS (6 POSITIONS)
Position Type: FREELANCE, TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT
Organization Type: MEDIA COMPANY - A DIVISION OF OZ COMPANY (T) LIMITED
Application Deadline: 15 Apr 2016
• An applicant to any of these positions should have the following minimum qualifications:
• Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Journalism, Mass Communication, TV/Film Production from nationally accredited Institution.
• Working knowledge in word processing, graphics, photographing, photo-editing and video shooting is an added advantage.
• Experience with minimum of one (1) years in Journalism and Mass Communication will be an added advantage.
• If a new graduate then a history of working in media industry or social media in the past six month will be considered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Gather and write news and stories for a digital as well as print newspaper
2. Writes scripts and continuities and prepares programs for radio and television products
3. Collects, reports and comments on news and current affairs for newspaper or broadcasting by radio or television,
4. Interviews politicians and other public figures at press conferences and on occasions, including individual interviews recorded for radio or television
5. Writes editorials and selects, revises, arranges and edits submitted articles and other materials for newspaper as well as broadcasting on radio or television
6. Writes advertising copy promoting particular products or services
7. Selects, assembles and prepares publicity materials about business or other organizations for being broadcast through online, radio, television or other media
8. Provides professional and technical support to other junior reporters/journalists
9. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters, CVs and copies of academic certificate to KLHNEWS@GMAIL.COM and/or firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.