Reporting to Manager, Card Systems, the job holder will be responsible managing the IT software and hardware towards maintaining an efficient Card management system and deliver quality service to both internal and external customers by ensuring the availability of the system at all times.
- Keep IT systems updated to comply with Payment Association Standards and provisions of MIS reports
- Monitor the communication links to Visa, MasterCard, and in other channels that are connected to Tranzware and incase of any failures to liaise with engineers /Helpdesk to resolve the problem
- Establish and maintain data processing schedules and controls to ensure timely delivery of quality assured outputs.
- Ensure timely delivery of reports for users, processing of incoming and outgoing files to and from VISA and MASTERCARD and any other interfaced systems.
- Ensure 24*7 availability of authorization system and any other systems as required by users.
- To run the End of Day and process the relevant files for purposes of reconciliation for both merchants and card holders
- Provide first level support for issues raised by system users and escalate to relevant parties when necessary
- Produce report of provisions for bad and doubtful debts within cycles.
- Ensure that Cardholder and Merchant statements are promptly sent via email.
- Provide operational assistance and guidance in IT related areas i.e installations of the systems software to different users to enable them execute their duties efficiently
Position Qualifications & Experience:
For the above position, the successful applicant should have:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education
- Hands on experience in UNIX, Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems. Certification is an essential
- Possession of a postgraduate degree or professional qualification such as Oracle Administration Skills, Database Administration will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a busy IT/Card Business environment.
- Experience as a card systems administrator.
- Experience as an acquiring agent.
- Experience in card sales
- Demonstrate excellent Planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered your application must be received by April 27, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: IT 02/2016