Evaluation Expert, Design of Mid and Final Evaluation of DFID I4ID Program, Tanzania
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is preparing a tender to design and then implement a midterm review (early 2019) and final evaluation (early 2021) for DFID’s five-year Institutions for Inclusive Development (I4ID) Program. The goal of the program is to strengthen democratic governance institutions in Tanzania to be more inclusive and accountable and strengthen economic growth to provide more benefits to poor people. Work would be conducted over five years, beginning August 2016 with the nine-month design phase. The design would establish, with DFID and the implementing partner, a core set of evaluation questions linked to the program’s Theory of Change. Upon approval, the mid-term review would be completed by April 2019; and the final evaluation by June 2021.
SI is seeking an Evaluation Expert to support the Team Leader in evaluation design, evaluation tool development, and data collection activities. The position would be based from home, with intermittent trips for field-based activities.
**Please note: Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
· Support in the evaluation design/plan, as well as subsequent analyses and research for the three components of the program.
· Design tools; collect and manage data; conduct data analysis on subsequent mid-term review and final evaluations.
· Contribute to the final report in concert with other team members, that meet SI and DFID’s quality standards.
· Develop findings, conclusions and recommendations based on evidence.
· A minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field.
· Five years of international professional experience designing and implementing data collection and analysis for M&E activities.
· Proven expertise in democracy and governance sector programs in Africa.
· Familiarity with DFID’s project cycle, policies, regulations, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies and reporting requirements.
· Exemplary writing and presentational skills.
· Strong inter-personal and negotiation skills.
· Research capacity building and uptake.
· Prior experience on DFID activities or evaluations strongly preferred.
· Ability and willingness to travel throughout Tanzania; willingness to commit to the duration of the contract.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.