Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East and Africa Graduate Programme
We are looking for Graduates across the European Union in the following functions:
Human Resources (HR)
Research & Development (R&D)
Information Technology (IT)
Why chose the Amcor Experience?
The Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East and Africa (AFEMEA) Graduate Programme is an exciting opportunity to bundle-up your skills and unwrap your expertise with an international packaging leader offering you a unique working experience in an innovative and diverse environment.
Take on a Challenge!
At AFEMEA, we empower our talent to take initiative and use that freedom to do what they do best. You will have ample opportunity to be successful by working within an outperformance culture of motivated people who strive to be better every day. You will get to work with influential brands and make your case to stick around long after the graduate experience is over. If you want to grow your knowledge, you are the type of person that we want to hear from.
In Amcor there are many opportunities for talented people within our Operations Teams. The main areas of work that are covered by the term “Operations” include:
Supply Chain: Some of the key activities include
• Origination: Working with our Customers and Suppliers to design how the product will be made and what it will look like to the Customer.
• Purchasing: Ensuring that we get the right raw materials, at the right price to ensure that we can make the products for our customers. Planning: Making sure that all the raw materials, labour and machinery are in the right place at the right time to ensure that we meet our Customers deadlines.
• Logistics and warehousing: This takes place at the beginning and end of the process, and is responsible for moving the raw materials and finished goods to and from our suppliers and customers. The Warehousing Teams ensure that our raw materials and finished goods are stored safely and correctly, available for delivery at the right time.
• Production Management: Within Production Management you are involved in the biggest Department, which are the manufacturing teams. Here you will be responsible for manufacturing the products for our customers and you will be responsible for ensuring that the product is made on time and to the right quality; ensuring at all times that you and your team behave in Safe way. There are many tasks and activities involved in production management that means every day is busy, challenging and rewarding for those who want to lead groups of people. At our bigger sites a Production Manager could have 150 people in the Teams below them!
• Continuous Improvement: The purpose of the Continuous Improvement Team is, not surprisingly, to find ways of how we can make every aspect of our business better! In CI you may work to help our Manufacturing teams work more effectively, ensuring that they can make our Customers’ products more effectively and efficiently. Many well-known terms have originated from CI including Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
• Quality Management: Our Customers use us to manufacture packaging that not only keeps their products safe and secure, but also looks good. To ensure that they get the best product we ensure that the quality of the product is the absolute best it can be and we do this through training and improving our operators and production teams as well as checking to make sure that what we send to them is the best that we can do.
In addition to these roles the Operations Team are supported by specialists in Health and Safety, Engineering, HR, Finance and Customer Services, and these functions help to make up a part of the AFEMEA Team.
As a member of our Finance Team you will play a key part in helping the Business Groups to continue their growth and development. While receiving excellent support and development you will be expected to undertake tasks and projects that will be both stimulating and stretching, ensuring that you will leave with a far broader understanding of the role and contribution of finance to the overall business success. Some of the tasks and duties that you will undertake include budget preparation, reporting, working capital action plans with plants, special studies with procurement, variance, pricing and volume analysis and performance reviews with plants.
As part of a successful Sales and technical team you will have an excellent opportunity to manage and grow existing AFEMEA accounts, and to identify and win new business within the Food & Beverage sector. Supplying customers with innovative packaging solutions, you will help establish multi-level customer relationships provide a strong new product development and service support network and support negotiations and contracts as opportunities arise.
As a member of our Commercial Team you will work with the Business Units on their Commercial Excellence journey. During your rotations you will build a solid understanding of the commercial agenda through assignments directly involving you in commercial processes, analysis and reporting. You will support Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance, to name a few functions you will interact with. You will receive strong sponsorship and coaching from the Commercial Team and get a unique opportunity to build your competencies in this critical function at Amcor.
As part of a successful HR team you’ll help driving change throughout the organisation. Moving around different areas of the business, you’ll support our people systems and processes. You’ll have the chance to work on projects of all sizes, with some cross-functional and international assignments. You’ll also develop generalist skills such as leadership and gain specialist skills in areas such as organisational effectiveness and compensation and benefits.
In IT you are only limited by your imagination. You will experience three distinct areas of IT: 1 ) Process Improvement - analysing a set of steps taken to achieve an outcome then optimizing those steps into a sequenced work-flow to achieve a more effective result. 2) Demand Management - taking the requirements of the business related to process improvement, simplification or innovation and translating these into an effective use of technology. 3) Services Delivery - enabling the business to be more effective. This ties everything together delivering the technology, service or system that the business depends on to propel it forward. IT touches all areas and levels within the organisation. It is the ideal way to truly understand how a successful company like Amcor works from the ground-up.
Research & Development
As an R&D graduate, you will gain insight into a function which helps us innovate and develop new products, as well as optimise existing products every day for our customers. You will join experienced R&D teams in different market segments which will give you a first class introduction into the full range of manufacturing processes, raw materials, product design and product performance. Your assignments will include the execution of assigned Product Development projects and product optimisation. You will participate in pilot and production trials, laboratory investigation, sustainability evaluations, state-of-the-art research and work with both suppliers and customers. Our R&D teams work extensively across the business, so you will have contact with all functions, from production and procurement through to sales and marketing.
AFEMEA is committed to recruit and develop graduates to ensure that we have talented co-workers in our business helping us turn challenges into opportunities.
The successful applicant will be offered a permanent contract designed to provide real, on the job learning in one of AFEMEA teams. You will be involved from day 1, working on projects where you will be encouraged to actively participate in decisions that make a direct impact on our business.
All things considered, the AFEMEA Graduate Experience offers an ideal platform to jump start your career on a winning team.
What do you need?
Each year we select, train and develop some of the world's brightest and most outstanding graduate trainees. Our Graduate Programme is specially designed for independent and motivated thinkers who love learning and taking on new challenges and responsibilities – people who want to stand out in the professional world.
Desired Skills and Experience
It’s a good start to have the following:
• Master’s / Honours degree in controlling / engineering / finance / commercial / human resources / material science / polymers / chemistry or physics degree
• 0-2 years of work experience
• Evidence of achievements in academic and/or non-academic activities
• English is required; ability other languages ist gut, et c’est genial!
• Good business acumen
• Proactive and result-oriented
• Collaboration skills and ability to work in a team
• MS Office, Access, Powerpoint, SAP, Hyperion (for finance graduates)
If you think our Graduate Programme experience is for you, please read the following on our selection process.
Submit your online application including your CV and cover letter online by following this link:
If you match the skill-set we are looking for we will invite you to join us on a competency-based telephone interview. Successful applicants will then be invited to attend an assessment centre in one of our AFEMEA locations. You’ll be able to demonstrate that you’re the right pick for us depending on your performance in a number of challenging and fun exercises. It will also give you a chance to find out more about AFEMEA and meet some of the people that work for us. If you are successful you will be offered a permanent contract according to the applicable laws of the respective legal entity of the hiring country