- Position title: Accounts assistants – Grants section - FFCO.1
- Grade: GS-7
- Position N°: 50000706
- Reference: ADB/16/062
- Publication date: 15/04/2016
- Closing date: 29/04/2016
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
The Financial Control Department (FFCO) is responsible for all controllership functions of the African Development Bank Group. As a critical element of the governance structure of the ADB Group, it maintains the primary responsibility for analyzing, recording, and reporting the financial consequences of all decisions and transactions of the ADB Group.
Accounts and Special Funds Division (FFCO.1):
The position of Accounts Assistant is located in the Accounts and Special Funds Division (FFCO.1) of the Financial Control Department. The Accounts and Special Funds Division is responsible for the financial reporting of the Bank Group, the bilateral funds and the special funds. The primary goal of the Division is to ensure accuracy, relevance, timeliness and transparency in the reporting of the financial consequences of all actions taken in the African Development Bank Group.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, FFCO.1, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
- Develop and manage the accounting systems of the Bank Group and all Special and Trust Funds as well as donor funds;
- Apply sound and generally accepted accounting principles and practices in the management of records and financial transactions of the Bank Group and the Special and Trust Funds;
- Review, revise and propose enhancement of internal control systems relating to Trust Funds;
- Participate in the review and formulation of accounting procedures, policies and practices relating to Trust Funds.
- Conduct inter-institution reconciliation of Trust Funds and the Bank group;
- Carry out all analytical work relating to Trust Funds;
- Maintain separate and detailed accounts of all special and trust funds including donor funds, and prepare separate financial statements for each entity;
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and other reports for use by stakeholders;
- Work closely with external and internal auditors.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy / Management or an equivalent diploma/degree.
- Working experience in a similar Financial Multilateral Institution or any other similar institution.
- Minimum of five (05) years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong customer skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Possess high-level skills communication.
- Excellent Customer service record
- Ability to communicate effectively in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Ability in the use of the bank standard software: SAP, Excel, Word, Power point, MS projects, Access, etc.
- SAP literacy highly recommended.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.