Acacia Mining seeks to employ a LAS Technician based at North Mara Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the LAS AFSS (Automation Fuel Systems Specialist)/ Reliability Section Leader, and the role holder will be accountable to support LAS systems and ensure correct operation and reporting.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Complete and submit daily report /log sheets.
• Conduct pre-system checks.
• Implement and improve current fuel management systems on site.
• Inspect all equipment on the LAS systems.
• Provide pro-active assistance and training on the LAS system.
• Complete all training, issuing and inspections of “Dispensing Fuel Requisition Forms” and data collection procedures within the Optimin system.
• Ensure all data is correctly recorded by doing cross checks.
• Reconcile daily usage on the electronic system and inform deviations to the Automation Fuel Systems Specialist on site.
• Submit Maintenance reports on LAS on a daily basis.
• Record all required data changes to OPTIMIN in the data base on a daily basis.
• Communicate and ensure that compliance to all procedures to fuel systems is maintained daily.
• Communicate all irregularities and faulty equipment to the Fuel coordinator and Mobile Maintenance Section Leader.
• Responsible for the fuel system Reconciliation.
• Ensure that all SOP’s are followed in repairs as per the Trade Metrology Act of Tanzania.
• Must complete all 7(seven) Trade Metrology exams in 18 months, to be ready for a trade test as Verification Officer within Trade Metrology Standards of Tanzania.
• Ensure the completion of safety checks on all electronic equipment in relation to the Optimin System of LAS.
• Recognized instrumentation Technician/Electrician trade Certificate (FTC,IMTT & VETA).
• Higher level of Mathematics understanding.
• Computer literate.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an instrumentation Technician/Electrician in mine industry.
• Experience in managing Systems upgrades and Project costs
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Verification of training and experience in Fault finding of Electrical panels, systems software, radio programming, system tracking.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill competencies in Mathematics and Electronics.
• Must have a valid Drivers license
• Excellent communication skills in English