REF: RMIB/1/2017 – RELATIONSHIP MANAGER – INSTITUTIONAL BANKING
The Job holder will be responsible for marketing to new and existing clients in order to grow quality business of both the asset and liability book in line with Institutional banking set targets and attain target profit for Institutional Banking. This role is also responsible for the retention of existing Institutional customers, and growing the wallet share from existing business/personal banking requirements and effective management of the relationship /customer experience.
The Incumbent will report to the Senior Manager-Institutional Banking and will be responsible for:
Prospecting for new business opportunities and offering the full range of Banking products and services for Institutional Banking This includes engaging in activities such as:
Obtaining related financial documents to be able to put forward any new borrowing requests from the client;
Preparing Call reports with recommendations and submitting for consideration to approvers;
Mobilising float and time deposits and growing the Bank’s Deposit Base in line with Institutional Banking targets;
Providing feedback to the client on the outcome of their request and providing other solutions which could be beneficial to them in the long run; and
Processing and concluding transactions in a timely manner.
Identifying and developing new business relationships with potential Institutional Banking clients in order to achieve the bank’s liability objectives
Making regular client visits to review business requirements, assessing assets under securities held or offered and submitting call reports;
Processing ad-hoc/additional/new requests/excesses under allotted portfolio and obtaining approvals where/when required
Cross selling the Bank’s and Group’s products.
Conducting reviews and renewals for existing relationships for Credit facilities
Making regular customer meetings and visits to build and grow the relationship;
Developing and rolling out new products and customer value propositions for Institutional Banking customers
Ensuring that there is increased earnings, and utilization of all bank products through the development of appropriate value chains
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Marketing or its equivalent from a recognized institution. (Master’s degree in Business, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution;- will be an added advantage)
• Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma or its equivalent; and
• Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
• At least 3 years relevant experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good financial analysis skills;
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
• Knowledgeable in credit, legal (conveyancing) and lending knowledge;
• Knowledge of banking processes and Banking Law;
• Demonstrate an understanding of the Banking Act, CBK prudential guidelines and credit policies.
• Strong negotiation and networking skills;
• Good performance track record in business development
• Strong innovative and creative thinking skills;
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees. Your application should reach the below address on or before 2nd February, 2017. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: email@example.com (preferred)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.