From Daily New, 13th Jan 2017
REGIONAL MANAGER'S OFFICE - KATAVI
SHORT TERM EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Regional Manager - Katavi under TAN ROADS Engineering Consulting Unit (TECU), wish to recruit the under mentioned staff under short-term contract of 12 months renewable. The staff will be among the RM'S Team to supervise works for Upgrading to Bitumen Standard of Mpanda - Usimbili (35km)
(i) All applicant must be citizen of Tanzania aged between 25 and 45
(ii) Applicants must attach an updated current Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts such as postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers
(iii) Applicants must attach detailed relevant certified copies of Academic qualification
(iv) Examination Results Slips for form IV and VI are strictly not accepted
(v) Applicants should indicate at least two referees
(vii) Free accommodation and transport
(viii) Remuneration is Negotiable
(ix) Closing date for receiving application is 20th January 2017 at 1630 hours.
POSITION TITLE: MATERIALS ENGINEER - 1 post
S/he will report to Resident Engineer with the following duties:-
1. Advises the Resident Engineer on all issues pertaining to projects implementation with particular emphases on all material issues.
2. To Check the setting out of laboratory including periodic calibration of equipment as required by respective organs
3. Conducting review of the Soils and Materials report prepared by previous implementers followed by (if necessary) soils/materials investigation for sections where alignment is proposed.
4. To recommend special tests materials and/or completed works, order removal and substitution of improper materials and/or works as required to the Resident Engineer for approval
5. To approve material and sources of material.
6. To check eri.9dically the field densities after compaction on common fill/improved sub grade layers, concrete mixer.
7. To review and check all bituminous-non bituminous mix design and concrete mix design proposed by the contractor
8. Track and review the site testing and certificates of compliance
9. Follow up and verify implementation of corrective actions
10. File all test results, all taken corrective action and site records for inclusion in the Monthly report 'and final construction report
11. Attending weekly, monthly, ad other progress meeting held at the site as required by the
12. Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Resident Engineer
Qualifications and Experience:-
Candidates for these posts should have the following qualifications and experience:-
Holder of Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or similar technical qualification
Postgraduate qualification in Material/Highway Engineering degree is an added advantage,
S/he must be conversant with various conditions of contract applicable to Civil
S/he must have at least 5 years experience in supervision of construction works
S/he must have at least 3 years experience as material engineer in projects of similar nature
Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili language
Must be registered by Engineers Registration Board as Professional Engineer
Application Letter should be preferably emailed) or Posted to
P.O BOX 440,
hand delivery shall not be accepted.