UMATI, a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), is a leading non-profit Association providing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Information and services including Family Planning and HIV/AIDS in Tanzania.
With the support of the Plan International, UMATI implements a 3-years project, Ending Child Marriage in Kilombero ,Morogoro and Nkasi, Sumbawanga. As an Equal Opportunity Employer embracing the value of diversity in the workplace, UMATI wishes to recruit qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the following vacant positions;
Position: Field Officers 2 POSITIONS
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Location: Nkasi and Kilombero
• The incumbent is responsible for the development and execution of the project activities as per the approved activity plan for his/her area of responsibility. S/he is also responsible for contribution to designing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on the progress of the project activities.
• The incumbent will be reporting directly to the Project Manager, with dotted line to the respective Programme Unit Manager on a day to day basis who has oversight of all programmes and operations in the area
• Ensure planning, development, implementation and administration of the project with accountability for the overall delivery of results .
• Participate in preparing and maintaining project plans, including documentation, budgets, implementation, training, and communication
• Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule
• Ensure timely and adequate reporting against the work plan, including providing timely and articulate progress reports
• Ensure integrity of financial and administrative operations in the program area by oversight of financial and budgetary aspects of the project
• Schedule meetings, including site selection, travel arrangements, preparing meeting materials, presentation developing agendas, preparing minutes in support of assigned projects, distributing meeting materials, and tracking meeting attendance,
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and donors
• Support peer educator follow-up and supportive supervision
• Perform other related duties as required
Qualification, Experience Requirement
• A successful candidate must possess a University Degree in public health, sociology, community development /social work or any of her related field,
• At least three (3) years experience working with Community Based Development Projects
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
• Knowledge of Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) business development process activities
• Analytical, strong decision making skills, sound judgment and problem solving abilities
• Volunteers management(Peer Educators) .
• Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and result -oriented approach
• Possession of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress and adapt to rapidly evolving situations.
• Proficient in computer packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graphics and Internet browsers
• Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts (including MoHSW, DHMT staff, NGOs, FBOs, and CBOs)
• Ability to work as a team
• Ability to travel up to 70%
Applications should include:
• Letter of application with details of how you meet the essential and desirable criteria and your reasons for wanting to apply for the post.
• A daytime mobile telephone number and e-mail contact details.
• Curriculum vitae (CV,not more than 3 pages) including names and addresses of three referees (two must be from your most recent employers) a cover letter and your salary history.
• Indicate the post you are applying for and the preferred region on top of the envelope/email subject and preferred region
• Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to
The Executive Director,
UMATI, P,O, Box 1372
OR send the application through email via:firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call
Closing date for applications:
Applications received later than 1st February 2017 will not be considered.