Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively
The purpose of this position is to Lead grant Compliance Management for all projects in the country excluding very large projects (above EUR 5M) that have compliance dedicated staff from National Offices and within the respective projects.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
The post holder will report to the Business Development Manager.
The post will have no direct reports
The post holder works closely with the program teams at the Country Office and in the Program Units.
The post holder works with grants and program departments of the regional office and National Offices.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
Develop tools that support compliance management
Lead capacity building efforts of project staff in grants compliance management in close collaboration with the BDM and respective National office Staff
Lead Project start up processes including start ups
Monitor and track compliance with donor reporting
Maintain all of Plan’s grants related support systems eg Grant management Monitoring tool which is an online tool)
Lead proposal development for smaller projects (less that EUR 200,000)
Support annual budgeting processes at departmental and organizational level when needed
Manage all grants related information and ensure systematic storage, filing and retrieval when needed
Disseminate grants project information with relevant staff
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
The post holder requires good communication skills to facilitate internal and external communication
Good Interpersonal skills to foster relationship building
Skills in technical writing
Ability to work effectively with teams across departments to meet strict deadlines
Excellent use of computer based applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Educational Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, or other related discipline.
• 5 years relevant experience in an NGO or donor organisation
• Demonstrated track grant compliance management for various donors with diverse donor requirements
• Ability to write project proposals
• Ability to work with complex systems to manage and maintain grants with various donor sources
• Strong program experience is an added advantage given the nature of the role
Skills Specific to the Post
• Excellent level of English both oral and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Coaching, training and facilitation skills
• Planning skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
• Excellent grant management skills, including ability to identify challenges and provide or work with teams to propose possible solutions
• Knowledge of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support staff working on grant-related programmes
• Networking and relationship development skills
• Strong team building and motivational skills
• Proficient in computer skills
Competencies and values
Respect, integrity, diversity, commitment to excellence, adaptability, able to perform under stress, innovation, building relationships, communicating effectively, planning and organizing and a personal commitment to children’s development and protection.
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
Typically office environment with field visit demands.
MODE OF APPLICATION Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. therefore all applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 3rd February, 2017. CHILD PROTECTION Plan International Tanzania is a child centered organization. Protecting the rights of the children is of paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will undergo a police vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to any type of child abuse. The successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection policy.