Sauti Project is a new 5-year USAID-funded award being implemented by Jhpiego-Tanzania in collaboration with partners EngenderHealth, PACT and NIMRlMwanza. The goal of Sauti Program is to contribute to the improved health of all Tanzanians through a sustained reduction in new HIV infections in support of the Government Tanzania through deploying new, and/or enhancing existing, vulnerability-tailored high-quality combination HIV prevention; positive health, dignity and • prevention (PHOP); and family planning (FP) services for key and : vulnerable populations (KVP) in selected regions of Tanzania. '
The National Institute of Medical Research - Mwanza Medical Research Center (NIMR-Mwanza Center) as partner of the Sauti Program under Jhpiego has the following vacant positions in Mbeya, lringa, Shinyanga and Dar es Salaam. ALL positions are for a contract of 45 days.
1. Senior Research Fellow [Team leaders supervisors] 1 position in each of the following regions Mbeya, Iringa, Shinyanga and Dar es Salaam.
The senior research fellow is expected to have at least three years' experience in leading qualitative research teams and conducting in-depth interviews and focus group discussions. S/he must be able to write field reports from qualitative research. The Senior Research Fellow (team supervisor) is responsible for overview and managing field work.
The following are specific roles of Senior Research Fellow:
• Responsible for day to day coordination of the field work activities including community engagement activities. This includes pre-field community mobilization visits, field logistics, field data collection, etc.
• Ensure that research fellow adhere to the approved standard operating procedures (SOP) including, recruitments of study participants, administration of information sheets and informed consent forms, and reporting of any adverse effect.
• Respond to any issues of concern from research fellow (interviewers) and study participants.
• Supervise administration of informed consents and ensure proper storage of dully filled informed consent forms.
• Thoroughly review of the completeness of the data collection forms following data collection exercise.
• Prepare the agenda and organize the weekly meeting for site research members assessing progress and challenges.
• Ensuring that all audio-files and completed data collection forms are submitted through the file transfer protocol as required on a timely manner.
Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the co investigators or lead researcher on behalf 01 the NIMR Mwanza Director.
Resolve any disputes that may arise among team members (research fellows), report how disputes were settled.
At least a Bachelor degree in social science [preferred BA in --- Sociology or Anthropology.] or equivalent level with proven research skills. Master's degree will be an added advantage.
Three years research experience preferably in conducting qualitative field studies, and preferably among socially marginalized groups.
Proven experience and skills in supervising field research team.
Ability to engage with community leaders, local govemment and program implementers, and stakeholders working with key populations.
Readiness to work at nights, weekends or any other time convenient to the study participants.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
If you feel you are the right candidate, apply in confidence, indicating the post you are applying for on top of the envelope/email subject and preferred region. All applications should be addressed to: To apply please indicate the position title on the envelop/subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered. The application should be addressed to: Human Resource Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road - Victoria PO Box 9170 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania OR send the application through APPLY below Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is after two weeks from first appearance of this Advert.