Reporting line: IG Manager
Location: Fukayosi, Bagamoyo, Pwani
Contract Duration: One year, January – December, 2017 (Contract could be extended subject to funding)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement and monitor all field work project activities to support pineapple farmers at Bagamoyo in Fukayosi
• Conduct business and financial literacy/management training for Income Generation program participants especially pineapple farmers
• Organize, conduct and coordinate conferences, seminars, workshops and other events for Income-Generation participant groups especially pineapple farmers
• Develop and foster networks with other pineapple farmers group in Fukayosi ward
• Partner with project groups to effectively plan, implement, and monitor Income Generation activities in Fukayosi ward regularly
• Supporting farmers with agricultural inputs as micro finance loans
• Keeping up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases
• Ensuring that farming activities is profitable and meets some projected financial targets
• Conduct market research and write proposals for pineapple and some of pineapple products in order to develop income generation activities
• Monitoring every stage of preparatory stages and make sure are aligned with training provided with the consultant
• Make sure all agricultural inputs which was given as loan to them are used efficiently and accordingly to the instructions given by the consultant
• Advertise and marketing pineapple products
• Handling paperwork and keeping administrative records
• Schedule and participate in regular meetings with Income Generation group participants and associated beneficiaries
• Identify performance/profit gaps in group activities and provide recommendations for improvement
• Developing the entrepreneurial skills of pineapple farmers
• Prepare and submit timely semi-annual, monthly, and weekly reports
• Other tasks assigned by Authorities.
Competencies and Qualification
• Diploma in Agriculture or in a related field with experience in similar field of agriculture.
• Experience in community organizing and farmers/ income generation groups formulation.
• Experience in supporting farmers.
• Experience in developing entrepreneurial skills and marketing agricultural product.
• Experience with pineapple or supporting farmers in coastal region will be added advantage.
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with only enclosed Cover letter showing your competence and why you want to work with Good neighbors Tanzania. Detailed curriculum vitae containing the complete names of candidate, complete addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and complete contact details of three referees. All application should be addressed to: E-mail: email@example.com. Deadline for application is not later than 19th December, 2016. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email. Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.