HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (MEO) for the Burundian Refugee Response programme based in Kibondo District in Kigoma Region, Tanzania. , S/he will be responsible for the overall development, management and implementation of monitoring and evaluation system, with key relationships extending to CBR Coordinator, Protection Coordinator, Programme Officer, Social Workers, Communication Officer and MEL Coordinator in Dar Es Salaam.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
To assist in the development, management and implementation of the Burundian Refugee response monitoring and evaluation system. The System must ensure effective tracking of project implementation against project goals and objectives, provide information for planning and management of project activities, and document the changing needs of older people and the barriers they face in accessing assistance to support of programme advocacy.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is capable of assuming overall responsibility for coordinating and compiling corporate level evidence for our key audiences to support our reporting. The post holder will provide technical assistance to Kibondo Office to gather, analyse and generate evidence for local level and national advocacy.
• At least Degree level education preferably in M&E, statistics, Quantitative Economics or other relevant field is required
• Minimum of 2 years hands on experience in project monitoring and evaluation.
• Demonstrable interest in ageing issues
• Experience of team work and demonstrable experience in collaborative work across disciplines
• Proven experience of designing and developing monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment systems in a development context
• Knowledge and experience of using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods, including basic statistical packages
• Understanding of principles of rights based programming and issues of accountability to beneficiaries and stakeholders
• Excellent facilitation skills and experience in use of participatory methodologies with a wide range of organisations
• Excellent skills in information management, including recording, analysis, reporting and review methods, gained in an international organisation
• Proven ability to be administratively self-supporting and proficient in use of internet and computer application packages
• Ability to train and motivate others, taking into account cultural and language differences.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills at a wide range of levels (both verbal and written)
• Experience of the use of database and statistical analysis computer packages such as in Word, Access, Excel and others.
• Ability to communicate well orally and in writing in English
• Ability to travel as necessary.
• Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description to firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com. Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent before 28th December 2016. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer This will be ongoing recruitment and the right candidate will be contacted on a rolling basis. No certificates need to be sent.