SELF Microfinance Fund Limited (SELF MF) is a corporate entity under the Ministry of Finance which was incorporated on 4th September 2014 to take over the operations and obligations of Small Entrepreneurs Loan Facility (SELF) Project It is registered as a Limited Liability Company by Guarantee under the Companies Act - 2002; with registration no. 112091. The
Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Treasury Registrar wholly owns it The Fund has an independent Governing Board which oversees the strategic direction of the Fund and a Management Team led by the Managing Director (MD) executing the day to day activities. The mandates of the SELF MF are the same as those which were provided under SELF Project framework; however under the Fund, emphasis is placed on growth and sustainability, through embracing Microfinance
Best Practice Principles. Thus:
(a) SELF MF is mandated to enhance the financial services to rural and urban communities by providing wholesale loans to intermediary microfinance institutions (MFLs), for on lending to final retail clients with income generation activities. The
MFLs collaborating with the Fund includes Savings and Credit Co-operative Societies (SACCOS), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Microfinance Companies (MFC), and Community Banks.
(b) The Fund operates in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and all regions in Zanzibar. It provides services to its MFLs clientele through well-staffed and equipped Financial Hubs, located close to clients.
(c) Currently, the Fund has four Zonal Offices namely Lake zone, Southern Highlands Zone, Eastern Zone and Northern Zone with Hub Offices in Mwanza, Mbeya, Oar es Salaam and Arusha; respectively.
The Fund is currently consolidating internal operating structures to align with corporate best practices. Thus, gaps pertaining to change management, change in business culture and outlook, change in Human Resource (HR) structures and skills; are currently being addressed. Other transformative changes in pipeline include structuring front and back office service to enable the Fund channel its products and service through autonomous branch outlets with the capability of producing branch based financial, operational and statistical reports. These branches can be in the form of physical structures, agency and/or mobile points. Likewise, enhancement of current MIS technology in use through upgrade and/or acquisition of new modules to accommodate business operations in the areas of loan tracking, general ledger, fixed asset management, HR, treasury management and reporting; is a pre-requisite.
Thus, enhancement of current System and/or acquisition of additional modules for effective and efficient corporate SELF MF, including linking Head Office, Zone offices and/or Branches. It is based on these needs, that the Fund wishes to recruit Information Technology Manager (ICT Manager) who will oversee all the ICT matters of the Fund.
ICT Manager reports directly to the Managing Director of the Fund.
He/She is principal advisor to the fund on all matte relating to ICT;
He/She is also responsible in assisting and supporting he fund in coordinating the information, communication & technology functions at a detailed and technical level
Duties and Responsibilities of ICT Manager
• Head the Information and Technology Department and supervise the day to day functions of the ICT department staff;
• Management of Network, data administration, software and hardware
• Establish proper technical documentation and troubleshooting procedures;
• . Plan and disseminate appropriate training to staff on application software in the Fund as. a whole;
Analyze business processes in all operational areas of the Fund and create requirements specification documentation for system design of automated software in order to have consistent and accurate reports;
• Provide proposals for the formulation of the information technology strategy of the Fund ; initiate and carry out necessary reviews to-accommodate new developments in technology or business need;
• Establish the work and documentation standards for ICT applications; ensure that the MIS user's manual is sufficient, updated, and easy to use;
• Advise other departments on solutions to cater for their operational needs or issues or queries raised;
• Ensure that the Fund's staff receives appropriate and sufficient training on the correct usage of PCs;
• Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back up procedures, information security and control structure;
• Manage overall capacity utilization of server/hardware environment ensuring it is optimized to meet business requirements;
• Perform any other duties as will be assigned by the Supervisor in writing or verbally.
Qualifications and Experience of ICT Manager
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, information technology or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent;
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, information Technology or related field at an accredited College or University will be of added value.
• Knowledge of data processing in accounting and basic statistics is an added advantage;
• Good understanding and insights in computing skills and related subjects or field is a must;
• A minimum of four (4) years working experience in managing MISIICT component of bank or financial institutions is an added advantage;
• Work experience in a Government sector, project or corporate entity environment is an added advantage.
Special Skills and Special Competencies
• Deep insights in information systems and proven expertise in network administration and in troubleshooting common
• . Advanced knowledge of Office productivity applications, Oracle E-Business Suite and/or other related applications;
• Good analytical and problem solving skills;
• A good team player, trainer, motivator, facilitator, mentor, coach, excellent communicator, both oral and written and capable of instituting a succession plan within his department;
• Innovative, self-motivated and able to work in cross-cultural environment;
• Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization's Ideals/ Core Values.
Terms of Employment and Remuneration
The successful candidate will be employed on a two-year renewable contract with an attractive remuneration package.
Initially Dar es Salaam but following expansion may be transferred to other areas where SELF MF-operates.