Caritas Development Office is a subsidiary Organization of the Diocese of Mbeya, dealing with community development within Mbeya and Songwe regions.
Caritas Mbeya is operating in all Districts of Mbeya and Songwe regions whose responsibilities are to promote community development. In this particular case Caritas Mbeya is obliged to address cross cutting issues like HIV/AIDS, Emergence and relief services to vulnerable women, youth and children. To ensure effective intervention Caritas do collaborate with other similar minded NGOs/Partners regardless of their creed. In the meantime Caritas Mbeya is collaborating with HJFMRI or locally known as Walter Reed Program Tanzania. The program entails community based health services provision (CBHSP), HIV prevention and HTC services.
CBHS, HIV Prevention and HTC are implemented through community based health service providers, peer educators and testers Counselors through door to door in 20 hotspots of Mbozi and Momba Districts.
Caritas Mbeya would like to fill the gap of Program Coordinator who will serve fiscal year (FY) 17 specifically December 2016 to September 2017.Should the candidate be successful in fulfilling her/his obligations, renewal of subsequent contract are subject to donor and the Organization conditions.
JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator (One Post)
LOCATIONS:Mbozi and Momba Districts(Songwe region)
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
This post leads to the provision comprehensive services for HIV and AIDS interventions in 20 wards of Mbozi and MombaDistricts. The coordinated office is located at MlowoTownship, Mbozi District in Songwe region.
• Supervise Monitoring and Evaluation officer, HTC department, CBHS and Prevention Focal persons.
• Strategize to effectively fertilize the program and meet targets as stipulated in the scope of work (SoW).
• Prepare plans and reports as per program requirements and meet deadlines.
• Organize monthly meetingswith the program staff and the community based providers in the office and 20 hotspots of Mbozi and Songwe.
• Document success stories and other relevant presentations as per program guidelines.
• Supervise SIMS activities to ensure program quality and or standards are met.
• Advocate and liaises with stakeholders at referral points
• Attend Mbozi and Momba District Meetings, share program plans and reports as requested by CHAC.
• Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in relevant fields or equivalent
• At least 3 years’ experience in working HIV intervention program – preferably PEPFAR funded
• Effective communication skills
• Excellent in both – Kiswahili and English (written and spoken)
• Must be a creative and innovative thinker, able to contribute fresh line of thinking in implementing the PEPFAR funded Program.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Familiarity with professional and technical emerging knowledge
• Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
• Compassionate with teamwork skills
• High literacy in computer skills
• Should have strong leadership skills.
The applications should reach the Directors office not later than 28th December 2016 at 16:00HRS
Only the shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited for an interview.
All application should be addressed to
CARITAS DEVELOPMENT OFFICE