MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carry out general workplace inspections.
• Maintain records and provide written and verbal reports.
• Prepare and compile monthly and annual reports.
• Plan and implement specific occupational medicine programmes for both workers and management.
• Keep inspections records.
• Carry out health impact assessment
• Provide input for occupational health surveys and researches
• Provide inputs in the preparations of Business plan, Strategic plan and annual budget.
• Prepare articles on occupational health matter.
• Provide input to Public Relations Office on occupational health matters which will be delivered to management, media, Government agencies and other stakeholders.
• Interpret scientific data collected during investigations and recommend appropriate control methods.
• Conduct follow up inspections to ensure corrective measures have been implemented.
• Analyze and review documents from stakeholders.
• Review existing and current occupational safety and health literatures.
• Prepare citations, propose penalties, and determine abetment schedule for identified violations.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Head (Occupational Health Section)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in Medicine or its equivalent from any recognized institution.
Three (3) years experience in medical practice or related field
Salary Scale - OSHA Scale 7
• All applicants must be of Tanzania citizenship.
• Application letter should be handwritten with an attached up-to-date
• Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
• The title of the position applied for should be marked on the envelope, short of which will make the application invalid.
• Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates as well as other relevant certificates.
• Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information will necessitate legal action.
• The application must carry two (2) recent passport size photos of the applicant affixed at the top center of the first page. Application letters should be posted to the following address or hand delivered to;
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH AUTHORITY (OSHA)
P. O. BOX 519 MAHAKAMA ROAD,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submission of applications is two weeks from the first announcement. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. The successful candidates will be employed on two(2) years contract subject to satisfactorily completion of six (6) months' probation period.