EFC Tanzania is a Microfinance Bank that provides financial services i.e. taking deposits and providing loans to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and individuals. The bank is growing fast and starts growing its network throughout Tanzania. To accomplish this, the bank needs to recruit staff who are competent, analytical, experienced and hardworking individuals determined to go extra mile for their career growth and future.
Nature and Scope:
The successful candidates will report to the IT Manager. The primary objective of the Database Administrator is to ensure effective oversight and management of the EFC Branch ‘back office’ operations, security measures and systems and the core banking (SAF2000) software system. This position is accountable to:
• Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
• Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
• Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
• Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
• Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Ensure backup and Database Administration of the Core Banking System.
• Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation.
• Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals, including disaster recovery plans.
• Create excel Macros and other tools whenever required by users.
• General IT support as required by the IT Manager.
Key Qualifications and Requirements: • At least three (3) years of working in a financial Institution. • Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science/Computer Systems Engineering/Computer Software/Information Technology. • Knowledge in VBA and Advanced Excel. • Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design;
Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of interest detailing their motivation for the position applied for together with their Curriculum Vitae, three professional references and copies of academic Certificates/Diplomas/Degree and others Closing Date is 6th January 2017. The letters should be addressed to:
EFC Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited,
8th Floor, Tanzanite Park,
38 New Bagamoyo Road,
P.O. Box 11735,
Dar es Salaam,