SGS wishes to recruit a Regional Procurement Manager to be based in Dar-es-salaam - Tanzania. The incumbent will report to the Regional Managing Director - East Africa, and will be in charge of all procurement activities for SGS East Africa.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Development of organizational procurement strategy
• Constant generation of ideas to improve inventory turns on purchased materials, with a focus on standardized components;
• Develop a yearly business plan for procurement based on operational guidelines and company goals, and review on an ongoing basis;
• Focus on constant improvements to the procurement department's processes and work flow;
• Creation and ongoing value creation with a world class supply base
• Reduce inventory while satisfying customers' requirements through accurate inventory/usage data analysis and effective vendor stock solutions;
• Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
• Provide reports to Finance Managers and the Managing Directors on spend analysis.
• Vet all new suppliers proposed by business and obtain relevant approval
• Management of procurement staff in (and across) sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities
• Creating a talent management process in coordination with HR to ensure that the right resources are in place
• Managing the skills and competency development of procurement staff,
• Development of benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement
• Building a procurement department to help transform procurement, and also support broader transformation' of the value chain and the enterprise
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or a related area, with a Master's degree preferred.
• At least 10 years of experience in senior supply management, operational management, or primary service delivery of the organization, procurement, shipping and logistics
• A proven track record of delivering large savings via a strong team of employees
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
• Strong leadership skills, Attention to detail, high influence and exceptional Interpersonal skills
• Proficient on MS Office applications, especially Excel.
• Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting cost management, financial accounting, treasury, risk management, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
• Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and experience should send/email their CVs, including 3 referees .
P. O. Box 2249,
Dar es Salaam - Tanzania