MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carry out workplace inspections.
• Conduct plant safety risk assessment.
• Prepare monthly and annual reports.
• Plan and implement specific plant and safety programmes for both workers and management.
• Keep and compile monthly and annual reports of inspections
• Provide plant safety consultancy services.
• Carry out accidents investigations and recommend control measures.
• Provide input for plant surveys and researches.
• Provide inputs during the preparation of Business plan, Strategic plan and annual budget.
• Provide input to Public Relations Office on plant safety issues which will be delivered to management, media, Government agencies and other stakeholders.
• Interpret scientific data collected during investigations and recommend appropriate control methods.
• Conduct follow up inspections to ensure corrective measures have been implemented.
• Scrutinize and approve drawings and plans for plants.
• Review documents from stakeholders.
• Carry out annual plant safety compliance.
• Recognize, evaluate and control workplace mechanical hazards.
• Review existing and current occupational safety and health literatures.
• Collect and prepare appropriate documentations of data and information for the scope of investigations, findings, conclusions and recommendations.
• Prepare citations, propose penalties, and determine abetment schedule for identified violations.
• Participate in the court proceedings in regarding to plant safety matters.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering its equivalent from a recognized institution
• Three (3)years' experience in mechanical engineering or related field
Salary Scale: OSHA-Scale 6.0
• All applicants must be of Tanzania citizenship.
• Application letter should be handwritten with an attached up-to-date
• Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
• The title of the position applied for should be marked on the envelope, short of which will make the application invalid.
• Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates as well as other relevant certificates.
• Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information will necessitate legal action.
• The application must carry two (2) recent passport size photos of the applicant affixed at the top center of the first page. Application letters should be posted to the following address or hand delivered to;
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH AUTHORITY (OSHA)
P. O. BOX 519 MAHAKAMA ROAD,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submission of applications is two weeks from the first announcement. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. The successful candidates will be employed on two(2) years contract subject to satisfactorily completion of six (6) months' probation period.