Reporting line: Head Office Managers
Location: Nambinzo & Shitunguru CDP within Nambinzo Ward, Mbozi District, Songwe Region
Contract Duration: One year, January – December, 2017 (Contract could be extended subject to funding)
Objective: To support Head Office in the delivery of several distinct projects which require an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team. The Project Officer will be required to work with all departments work i.e. Operation, Income Generation and Sponsorship Department. The work involves sectors such as Education and Protection, Health, Water and Sanitation, Advocacy and Income Generation Sector. The post holder will need to deliver effective, highly competent project support and consistently deliver in a person-centered environment which promotes positive relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To undertake duties as directed / requested by the Head Office Managers to support the delivery and Implementation of distinct projects; which focus on children & community, capacity building for health and any other projects that may arise.
• Track project deliverable using appropriate tools
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all managers in HO
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Handle requests for information and data
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments
• Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules meeting with other stakeholders
• Attend CDC/IGD meetings and organizational initiatives as required.
• Support SSD activities in Annual Progress Report, Annual Child Letters, Gift Money Letters and filling Child Intake Forms as maybe instructed by Head Office.
• Plan, execute and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Monitoring and evaluating all projects activities.
• To undertake duties as directed/requested by the Sr. Officers to support the delivery and implementation of distinct projects; which focus on advocacy, WASH program and any other projects that may arise
• Cooperate with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent changes where necessary.
• To prepare activities are done according to the Plan of Action.
• Designing project proposal using PPF (Project Proposal Form).
• To prepare plan of action of all projects after the project proposal has been approved by the International Head Quarter.
• To write the annual report of all projects every end of the year.
• To make sure that all report (monthly and weekly) and field report are written.
• Production of documentaries for Good Neighbors Tanzania.
• To coordinate all events like campaigning and ceremony to the project.
• Build, develop and grow network (project relationship) vital success of the project.
• To prepare final reports of all projects conducted by Good Neighbors
• Any other duty as may be assigned by Authority.
Competencies and Qualification
• Degree in Social Science e.g. Sociology, Development Studies, Social Work etc.
• Proficient in written and spoken English and Swahili languages
• Microsoft Packages – Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to work in rural environment
• Ability to work under pressure
• High level report writing and project proposal skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and adjust to the needs of the service.
• Good communication skills
• Accuracy / attention to detail
• Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with only enclosed Cover letter showing your competence and why you want to work with Good neighbors Tanzania. Detailed curriculum vitae containing the complete names of candidate, complete addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and complete contact details of three referees. All application should be addressed to: E-mail: email@example.com. Deadline for application is not later than 19th December, 2016. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email. Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.