Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At A deso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Resilience and Economic Growth in Arid Lands-Improving Resilience (REGAL-IR) is a 5-year program sponsored by USAID/Kenya and Feed the Future (Ftf) to reduce hunger and poverty, increase social stability and build strong foundations for economic growth amongst pastoralists and transitioning pastoralists in Kenya’s arid and semi-arid lands (ASALs). The program is designed to empower communities to take charge of their development and to strengthen their capacity to select, design, implement and monitor activities toward increasing their social, economic, and environmental resilience to natural and human-induced shocks.
REGAL-IR is led by Adeso and is implemented by a consortium of partners. An intensive community engagement process - Participatory Learning, Planning and Action (PLPA) - guides program implementation in six thematic areas including diversifying livelihoods, improving value chain inclusiveness, natural resource management, conflict management and mitigation, disaster risk reduction, and improving nutrition. REGAL-IR is based in Nairobi and implements projects in Isiolo, Garissa, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana Counties.
The successful candidate will responsible for day to day running of the field office, receiving guests, giving administrative, HR, logistical and security oversight of the operations of the field office. You will be required to support the programs team in operational support areas listed below;
1.Field office administrative operations
2.Basic HR support
3.Logistical support services
4.Security focal point
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
HR/Administrative Result Area
· Maintain basic HR filling for staff and temporary hires
· Liaise with HR in Nairobi on temporary staff contracts and ensure appropriate documentation
· Ensure that all the new staff joining brings all required documents
· Ensure timely submission of timesheet and confirm accuracy of all timesheets before submit to the Human Resource officer.
· Ensure all end-of-contract procedures are completed.
· Receive requests and prepare accommodation/travel for visiting staff & guests
· Ensure smooth running of the field office
· Ensure travel/accommodation requests are sent to relevant offices
· Follow up on payments of office utilities, rent, water & electricity etc.
· Day to day supervision of the driver, office guards, & cook/cleaner.
· Maintain the office store, and record all movement of stocks.
· Responsible for the management of the office facilities at the county
Logistical Result Areas
· Collection of quotations for purchase of goods and services
· Lead in the procurement of office supplies
· Ensure the maintenance of the office vehicle
· Follow up on the safe use of office motorbikes
· Act as the security focal points in county and periodically prepare security reports
Security Result Areas
· Act as the county security focal point, disseminating periodic security updates
· Liaise with other organizations in the county for security information sharing
· Perform radio communication checks for teams in the field
· Give security briefs to visiting guests/staff
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Diploma in Business management, Logistics management or related studies
· Fully computer literate, good knowledge of MS Office applications
· Basic knowledge of county security context
· Three (3) years’ experience in similar or related position
· Good knowledge of the area/local residents preferable
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com , quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 11th September 2016.
Each application should be addressed to HR Director and include the following:
• An updated CV with updated contact details: Phone No., Email Address and Skype ID; and
• An application letter which should include cover letter, remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adeso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one's background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.