The World Wide Fund for Nature seeks a
Communication Manager for its DRC Programme
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world, active in almost 100 countries. It has been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa for more than 20 years. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature.
For our country Communication in DRC - we are looking for dynamic, innovative, enthusiastic and committed Communication Manager to Carry out an effective an efficient communication approach to support WWF-DRC conservation efforts and ensure WWF DRC’s conservation targets are met through strategic promotion of WWF DRC Brand among different audiences in the country and within the Network in line with the WWF – Strategic.
Location: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
Duration: 2 years renewable
Effective Communication for Conservation Impact:
- Works in close partnership with WWF-DRC Senior Management Team (SMT) and programme teams to develop and implement effective internal and external public relations & communications strategies for communicating WWF-DRC conservation initiatives and enhancing corporate image, visibility and brand;
- Participates in developing, orchestrating and implementing strategic outreach programmes and campaigns to positively shape the thinking and public policy outcomes on conservation issues;
- Prepares talking points and speeches for SMT in Conservation crisis management and/or in international calls when appropriate (i.e. BBC, France 24 etc.);
- Develops and disseminates Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) materials including print and electronic materials such as, logos, letterhead, newsletter, e-newsletters, banners, brochures; and annual reports to communicate WWF DRC’s brand and conservation initiatives.
- Ensures effective management of WWF DRC’s website and Facebook and ensures relevant and up to date content;
Strategic Partnerships & Media Relations:
- Plays a leading role in building and strengthening the strategic partnerships and relationship with strategic partners, government ministries and departments, public and private sector coalitions, CSOs and other key stakeholders to shape and advance the WWF DRC position on conservation and related important policy issues;
- Designs and implements crises and media handling strategies and builds strong media relations with the organization;
- Takes a lead role in planning and organizing organisational events such as media briefs, seminars and conferences among others;
- Represents the organization in various platforms to promote WWF DRC’s and the sector’s position on
- important conservation and relevant public policy issues;
- Management of Resources and Budgets
- Provides support to the fundraising team in designing fundraising information as part of the wider resource mobilization strategy.
Leadership and People Management
Provides leadership and supervises the DRC communication team;
What you need:
- Holder of an university degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related fields; At least 7 years of experience with proven track record in communications (preferably in DRC);
- Member of Public Relations Society of DRC;
- Understanding of institutional and legal framework in DRC as it relates to media and communications issues;
- A good understanding of the realities of PR an communications for promoting conservation issues; Excellent desktop publishing and multi-media skills;
- Excellent Customer focus and communication skills; Strategy formulation and deployment skills;
- An understanding of, and vocational interest in environmental conservation, international development, NGO sector and other related fields would be preferred;
- Excellent proficiency in French and English (fluency in Kiswahili and Lingala is an asset).
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical and research skills; Innovative, creative and willing to learn;
- Passionate about natural resource conservation in DRC and in Central Africa;
- Great team player and demonstrated ability to work and deliver across different teams and programmes; Visionary leadership in organisational branding;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Optimistic, Engaging, Determined and Knowledgeable.
- Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply:
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject should read DRC-CoM. Deadline for applications: September 23, 2016. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
Female and DRC national applicants are encouraged.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce