THREE CAMPAIGN LEADERSHIP ROLES FOR OXFAM
Closing date: 18th September 17:00 GMT+1
Interviews: to be confirmed
Contract length: Open-ended.
Location: Flexible – subject to being able to establish a contract of employment and where the right to work can be obtained and/or maintained. This post will relocate to Nairobi by 2019 at the latest
Salary: In line with Oxfam values and subject to location.
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilizing the power of people against poverty.
Oxfam is at a pivotal moment in its campaigns mobilising the power of people against poverty. We have three exciting roles available:
- Head of humanitarian campaigns
- Head of the GROW campaign
- Head of digital campaigns.
Are you a dynamic, strategic and organized leader?
Can you inspire action from colleagues around the world to work towards a common vision? Have you run great campaigns that have achieved real impact for people?
Have you worked in a wide variety of countries across the world?
If so you are the person we’re looking for. These are three strategic leadership positions and are exciting opportunities to join with the heads of our inequality campaign and our campaign to eliminate violence against women and girls to set a new direction for people power within Oxfam. We need people who are diplomatic and sensitive, as well as strong motivators and leaders, to inspire and motivate people around the world to work together to deliver outstanding campaigns and advocacy. You must also have the ability and skills to empower colleagues and equip them with the tools they need to achieve the greatest impact possible.
As well as these leadership skills, we also require specific knowledge and experience for each role:
- Head of humanitarian campaigns: Knowledge of the failings of the humanitarian system and how to address them, plus experience in contexts affected by conflict. Apply here
- Head of the GROW campaign: Knowledge of what prevents people getting enough to eat including lack of land rights, the need for sustainable agriculture, and the need to tackle climate change.Apply here
- Head of digital campaigns. Knowledge of digital technologies and techniques and their potential application for Oxfam’s campaigns, and outstanding knowledge of social media and its potential for engaging publics to directly influence decision makers. Apply here:
Around the world, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them. In all we do, Oxfam works with partner organizations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end the injustices that cause poverty.
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
Our Secretariat is based in Oxford, with advocacy and campaigns offices in Washington DC, New York, Brussels, and a liaison office with the Africa Union in Addis Ababa. We are moving our base to Nairobi by 2019, and these roles will be based there from that date, and possibly earlier.
Fluency in English required and competence in French and/or Spanish is desirable.
If you would like to apply for any of these jobs please read the job description and outline why you are the person we need. Apply via our website using the following link:http://www.oxfam.org/en/jobs/secretariat