- Identify, design, and implement investment facilitation activities for selected WASH-FIN countries
- Work with the D.C.-based home-office WASH-FIN team in providing technical assistance to mobilize finance for water and sanitation service delivery, as well as liaise with domestic and multinational firms to develop actionable PPP and CSR initiatives
- Identify, assesses, and recommend potential private sector partners, partnership, and CSR opportunities aimed at promoting and improving universal access to water and sanitation
- Facilitate financing for bankable utility investments that respond to the needs of the utility and consumers, including financing network extensions and rehabilitation, household connections, non-revenue water reduction, and installation of energy-saving and renewable energy improvements
- Organize promotional events to foster engagement between entrepreneurs, investors, insurers, donors, intergovernmental organizations, NGOs, industry associations, and government institutions
- Prioritize, organize and implement innovative financing to achieve long-term financial sustainability of water utilities
- Extensive international travel to project sites overseas should be expected
- Advanced degree in business administration, economics, finance, water management, or another relevant discipline from an accredited university
- At least 15 years of experience of demonstrated technical expertise in international development implementing project activities in finance, economic development, and/or private sector engagement in the finance and investment sectors
- At least five years of experience in water management, water utilities, or WASH sector projects with international donors
- Experience with USAID projects preferred
- Demonstrated abilities to facilitate investment and identify high-value partnerships with private and public sector stakeholders for enterprises addressing public needs
- Demonstrated abilities to work collaboratively, lead negotiations, and consensus build among private and public sector stakeholders
- U.S. citizen or ability to work in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English; demonstrated ability to prepare white papers and evaluation/recommendation studies
Send electronic submissions to WASHFINrecruitment@chemonics.com by May 2, 2016. Please include Senior Investment, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Public-Private Partnership Advisor in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only "Senior Investment, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Public-Private Partnership Advisor – WASH-FIN project" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.