Stami-gold company limited - Biharamulo mine is a subsidiary company of the state mining corporation (STAMICO)operating the gold mine. The mine is located in he Biharamulo Forest reserve, south wst of Mwanza in kagera Region. In order to run the mine effectively and efficiently, the company invites applications from qualified candidates to fill in the vacancy as detailed below
Mine Surveyor 1 Post
Reporting Line: Head of Surveyor Unit
Work Station: Biharamulo Mine Site
Contract Duration: Not exceeding two years, Subject to renewal.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fulfilling the role of Head of Surveyor unit during their absence from site.
• Interacting and participating with the Mining Contractor, which is responsible for conduct of mining activities.
• Participating in Daily, Weekly and. Monthly Planning Sessions with Mining Operations.
• Performing set out surveys for construction of all mine workings and infrastructure.
• Performing set out and pickup surveys for all geological exploration activities.
• Performing all survey tasks unsupervised using 'one man' robotic Total Station.
• Providing timely and accurate information for 'End of
• Period reporting.
• Maintaining the accurate and adequate Survey Control Network.
• Performing Leveling Traverses.
• Carrying out general survey equipment maintenance.
• Liaising with the Mine Geologists and Mining Engineers to provide optimal pit pickups and mark outs.
• Training of Junior Staff.
• Other duties in line with this position as assigned by the Supervisor.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree qualification -Surveying.
• Intermediate skills in surveying field work and computations.
• Experience with conventional Surveying techniques, preferably with Trimble or Geometer Total Stations.
• Good communication, training and supervisory skills.
• Mining experience 1 - 4 years, preference for Open Cut
• Good Computer skills in the following packages: -
• Vulcan or other similar mine planning software package
• MS Office software package, (Excel, Access, Word)
• Tanzanian Driving Licence.
• A good knowledge of mining safety regulations and best practices is essential.
• Highly motivated, resourceful, leads by example and maintains high standard of work.
APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
INFORMATION IN THEIR APPLICATION:
Candidates should submit applications accompanied by the following:
• A detailed CV/resume with 3 references with contact details;
• A cover letter
• Position title in subject heading:
• ID e.g. Either, Birth Certificate, Vote ID or Copy of travelling Passport (Compulsory)
• Details of education (include copies of certificates- Compulsory);
• Details of previous employment;
• Home address (include village I town I city where living);
• Personal contact details (example; phone, email).
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits. All interested candidates are invited to submit or send their applications by April 21, 2016.
All applications should be addressed to;
The General Manager,
P.O. Box 78508,
Dar es Salaam.
Stamigold offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women,
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.