Position: Data Coordinator/Quality Assurance Coordinator
The International Rescue Committee seeks to employ an experienced and mature Data Quality Assurance Coordinator to manage project data and supervise data quality work in its field offices in Tanga and Kigoma.
The Data Quality Assurance Coordinator will report directly to the Project Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with dotted line reporting to the Project’s Regional Manager
The Data Quality Assurance Coordinator will oversee all Data Base Management and quality Assurance aspects of the project. He/she will take the lead in assuring that the data collected by the project is clean, of good quality and analyzed commensurate with donor standards and requirements at all project implementation levels.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Lead the coordination of follow up field level data collection in both regions in all project implementing sites
2. Lead the project data collection processes including verification, data entry, data analysis
3. Provide oversight for the production of all reports based on the Project’s Direct Beneficiary monitoring system for incorporation into project technical progress reports
4. Perform regular data quality assessments and checks in line with the project’s Comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Plan( CMEP) and M&E Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and with a specific focus on the following dimensions of data quality:
a. Timeliness- Are the reported data current?
b. Precision- Does the data collected have sufficient and necessary details?
c. Completeness – Have all reporting units (CL, YE, HHs, CSOs etc) reported? Have they reported all the required data? Are all required fields in the data collection forms completed?
d. Accuracy - to what extent are the data reported correct? Does data collected meet eligibility requirements of age and child labour classification of donor?
e. Integrity- Is data generated by the project protected from deliberate bias or manipulation for any reasons?
5. Conduct sample testing to confirm if project beneficiaries have been receiving project services.
6. Conduct training on project data quality assurance strategy for project staff
7. Perform data spot checks for data entered into the projects Beneficiary Monitoring system for eligibility compliance including age, sex, date enrolled/ follow up status et
8. Supervise two Data Managers
1. Minimum Qualification is Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information technology Database programming, Statistics or Demography from a recognized institution
2. At least 5 years proven working experience as a Data quality assurance officer with a reputable international organization
3. Solid writing and reporting skills in English
4. Minimum of three years of experience in conducting project data quality assessments
5. Technical skills and general understanding of project Monitoring and Evaluation
6. Technical skills in using different Management Information systems
7. Consideration will be given to candidates with additional years of experience in conducting project data quality audits
8. Willingness to relocate to Tanga or Kigoma
How to apply:
Applications for the position must include:
i. A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
ii. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
iii. ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 1700hrs Monday, April 18th, 2016. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your application to John.Msinzo@rescue.org
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. IRC is an equal opportunity employer.