Plan for AIDS Relief PEPFAR.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHSW), HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004 with support from the President's Emergency Plans for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The program is based in the Mbeya and has since extended to more than 100 health facilities in Mbeya, Rukwa and Ruvuma regions, which collectively represent a catchment area of about 6 million people. Mbeya region is one of high prevalence regions in Tanzania and expansion of HIV care and treatment programs is critical.
Walter Reed Program is seeking qualified candidate to fill the positions below.
Job Title Contract Officer (2 Positions)
Reports to Regional Program Manager/Contracts Director
Location Mbeya & Ruvuma
This position is responsible for the management, administration, and oversight for all aspects related to awards, sub-grants and contracts for the WRP program. The Contracts Officer will serve as the point per- son and will provide sub-award oversight, monitoring sub-awards and providing advice and technical support to WRP staff and sub-recipient
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administers the full cradle to grave cycle of award management activities from pre-award assessments, monitoring and compliance, and close out procedures.
• Reviews partner budget submissions for accuracy, allowable cost violations, reasonableness and consistency.
• Develops contracts, awards, award modifications and contract amendment documents for signature by the Site Director or Sr.
• Program Director and works closely with the HFJ/MRI contracts department, especially on awards valued at $100,000+.
• Performs internal audits and reviews of partner operations as required to ensure compliance with WRP and donor policies and procedures. Provides additional technical assistance to partners (either personally or through delegation of finance staff) as is necessary to maintain high standards of compliance.
• Stays abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compiles and updates applicable local policies and trains WUP program and partner staffs in all policies and procedures. Builds capacity of sub-recipients in areas not limited to grant writing, grant monitoring, budgeting, compliance, documentation and information management, and ethics.
• Develops training modules and training materials for regularly scheduled group trainings and one-On-one mentoring/technical assistance.
• Provides skills building training and cross functional preparation for members of the Finance and Procurement staff.
• Liaises with the Procurement Manager to ensure WRP partner compliance with procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
• Develops all award tracking system and tools/reports for the monthly reporting of Contract activities.
• Monitors monthly financial performance in relation to budgets and forecasts, obligated funds, commitments and advances to staff, partners and consultants.
• Takes responsibility for the accurateness and completeness of partner property and inventory lists.
• Oversees the closeout of awards: provides technical oversight and assistance on the final inventory, proper disposition of property, and reconciliation of financial obligations.
• Responsible for the discovery, mitigation and documentation of financial risks related to contracts and grants. Responsible for the completion of yearly risk management reports.
• Ensures for the availability, continuity and security of financial data and information pertaining to contracts and grants.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting from three-year College or university.
• Demonstrated experience insub award and contract administration, management and oversight.
• Experience in assessing the capacities of organizations and their grant worthiness.
• Computer Skills:
• The following computer proficiency is (are) required: Microsoft Office, 'accounting and payroll management software, e-mail and internet, and willingness to expand skill base.
• Other Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical financial procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
• Demonstrated experience with audit, legal compliance and budget development.
• Experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to Sr. Management and outside partners.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to the Human Resources
P.O. Box 6396,
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.
Deadline for submission of the application is April 20th 2016. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.