If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments. Purpose of the Position:
Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Representative, Yemen, manages the UNICEF Yemen field operations and emergency response including the supervision of the Chief of Zonal offices.
Key Expected Results:
1. Provides overall leadership, guidance and direction for the development of appropriate operational strategies, day to day programme implementation, continuous monitoring and regular reporting by field offices for programme implementation
2. Manages emergency preparedness, contingency plans, early warning mechanisms and co-ordinates the response.
3. Maintains continuous, effective, strategic co-ordination, communication, consultation and liaison with Government, UN, NGOs, Donors and non-state Actors in support of children's rights in emergencies and in the field within the framework of UNICEF's country programme and core commitments for children.
4. Supports Field offices in effective work planning, implementation of activities, office organization, regional operations and logistics; meets with government officials to facilitate operations of the field offices.
5. Develops work plans for the Field Operations Section in Yemen and assists zonal offices in the process; monitors compliance to ensure objectives and targets are met, funds are disbursed properly, ensures proper liquidation and that those activities are within established plans of action and the programme budget allotments. Guides, coaches and supervises professional and support staff.
6. Provides oversight on the use of emergency funds, implementation, monitoring, reporting and related fund raising.
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate:
1. Education Background:
Advanced University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, public administration, international law, public health, nutrition, international relations, business administration or other related disciplines. Preferably a combination of management, administration, and relevant technical fields.
2. Work Experience:
Eight years progressive experience at national and international levels in field operations management with strong background in complex humanitarian operations.
3. Language Proficiency:
Fluency in English and another UN working language as required.
Competencies of the Successful Candidate:
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Working with People
· Drive for Results
· Leading and Supervising
· Formulating Strategies and Concepts
· Relating and Networking
· Persuading and Influencing
· Creating and Innovating
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Please note that *Sana'a, Yemen** is a non-family duty station.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please apply to the link below no later than 2nd May, 2016. (AST)
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
If you are a new user, you can register here and you will have an opportunity to apply for opportunities as they become available. UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.