To support the Communications Manager in promoting a positive, consistent and clear image of the SAGCOT initiative towards partners and direct stakeholders, secondary to broaden the understanding and ownership of SAGCOT goals and activities within partner organizations and the public at large. ’A more specific objective is to implement SCLs communication strategy by generating a wide variety of communication tools and processes and engaging a variety of international and local stakeholders. producing content for variety of audience and communication channels, including authored articles, blogs, brochures, newsletters, new releases, reports, web stories, video, photos, and social media. The Communication Coordinator will be tasked to build relationships with local, regional and international media to promote SAGCOT Centre Ltd.
The overall objective also includes following through the implementation of already existing communication strategy in place to achieve its critical communication milestones and objectives.
Eligible candidates should have the following minimum qualifications
· Successful candidates should have a minimum of a degree in communication, public relations or advertisement
· At least five (5) years of work experience both in Tanzania and abroad in a challenging work environment
· Strong understanding of approaches for communicating information to a wide range of different audiences;
· Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines, responsive to external requests. Strong team player
· Able to communicate clearly and sensitively; able to develop and present information and communications products for a range of different audiences; able to review and edit reports (in English& Swahili) and other written documentation for dissemination and publication.
· Well planned and organized and able and willing to take initiative and be proactive, to think critically and propose different ways of working
· Experience with agribusiness, rural development communication campaigns or other development areas
· Ability to deliver on time, a team player who can also work independently
· Ability to build relationships with key government officials and other stakeholders
· Experienced writer for variety of mediums, including brochures, blogs, newsletters, reports, websites, and social media
• Strong understanding of approaches for communicating information to a wide range of different audiences
How to Apply
Qualified candidates who meet the criteria above are welcome to apply now before the deadline on 25th August 2016. This opportunity is only open to Tanzania nationals. http://www.sagcot.com
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their applications to the address or e-mail below by 25th August 2016. Please include a detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter clearly indicating which job you are applying for.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.