World Vision (WV) is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Livelihoods Internal Engagement & Capability Director you will direct the implementation of World Vision's (WV’s) livelihoods sector global programme in alignment with WV’s overall partnership strategy with National Offices (Implementers) and Support Offices (Funders), Regional Offices (Strategic/Tech Support) and Vision Fund International (MFI). In addition you will lead decisions related to country prioritisation and resource allocation re the global livelihoods strategy ensuring the rigorous pursuit of agreed strategic objectives. You will also direct the process and scope of technical capability requirements and talent management processes for National Offices to deliver high quality impactful livelihoods programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (international development, economic development or business related).
- 10 years’ experience in the International development / humanitarian sector with a proven track record in delivering results at the global level in a complex multilayered organisation.
- Considerable experience of livelihoods technical strategy development, implementation and stakeholder engagement processes.
- Knowledge of performance management systems focused on impact and quality.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 July 2016. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website:www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.