Tetra Tech ARD (http://tetratechintdev.com) is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to provide financial advisory, technical assistance, and capacity building support to developing country governments, financial institutions, and subnational entities including water utilities, regional authorities, cities and municipalities to mobilize public and private finance for infrastructure investments needed to improve water and sanitation (WASH) access and service delivery. Particular focus is on providing this support in Africa, South Asia, and Latin America/Caribbean regions.
This position is based in Arlington, Virginia.
* Assist national and sub-national governments, financial institutions, and water and sanitation service providers to prepare and implement strategies and plans required to effectively mobilize financing from public and private sources;
* Collaborate with colleagues in said entities to maximize investments in WASH infrastructures, including financial feasibility analysis, project preparation, financial risk assessment and risk sharing strategies, and project financial structuring, including blended public/private financing;
* Prepare periodic reports and analyses as requested to inform decision making;
* Further assignments and collaborations may include training (both live and virtual) and institutional capacity building in the areas of infrastructure finance and public-private partnerships (PPPs); and
* Other complementary responsibilities with as deemed appropriate and germane.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree or higher in finance, business, law, or other related field;
* At least 10 years of technical experience (largely in a developing country context), in two or more of the following: public investment in infrastructure, finance for water and sanitation service delivery, and public-private sector engagement;
* Ability to work with a wide range of federal government, donor, and private sector partners across significant hierarchies;
* Professional in French, Spanish, Portuguese, or other languages in countries in the above-cited regions ideal;
* Self-directed, able to manage own workload and priorities, and a high level of reliability and follow-through;
* Very strong organizational skills (particularly great attention to detail), including ability to plan and schedule and then manage complex projects;
* Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural communications skills, particularly writing and facilitation;
* Demonstrated experience collaborating successfully across teams, units, and hierarchies across learning styles and organizational cultures;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment;
* Energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references, including contact information
HOW TO APPLY:
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.