Tetra Tech ARD (http://tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Burlington, Vermont is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to lead our Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Unit in the position of Director. As the Director of the MEL Unit, the ‘DMEL’ sets the strategic direction for the unit, provides quality assurance on proposals and projects, ensures continuous learning and adaptation based on evidence, and manages the staff of the unit, among other responsibilities. The unit works across all of Tetra Tech ARD’s sectors, in the home and field offices, with the goal of providing the highest quality M&E services to support new business, project implementation and institutional learning. The successful candidate will have demonstrated outstanding experience in M&E, ideally supporting USAID projects; significant experience in cloud-based, mobile data collection, and data visualization; demonstrable experience designing systems for capturing and assessing both performance and impact data; and the ability to travel widely. This position is based in Burlington, Vermont.
* Lead development of all aspects of MEL processes in new business in full compliance and responsiveness to requests for proposals (RFPs);
* Build core competencies of sector, new business staff or others as appropriate through mentoring and/or formal virtual or live training in related M&E skills and knowledge required for proposal development;
* Provide ongoing guidance and support to home and field office teams in all areas of M&E, especially developing and executing monitoring & evaluation plans (MEPs), baseline studies or other surveys as required, and conducting data quality assessments (DQAs);
* Provide ongoing monitoring of projects, through check-ins with field office M&E Specialists;
* Build core competencies of project M&E staff and home office project staff through ongoing guidance and capacity building, including mentoring and/or formal classroom training to improve capacity to develop and execute all parts of a MEP;
* Create learning systems and processes that are used by Tetra Tech ARD and other Tetra Tech operating units to bring data from projects and across sectors to new business processes to promote institutional learning; and
* Provide day-to-day supervision of members of the MEL unit.
* Minimum of Master’s Degree in related field required;
* At least 8-10 years of related experience in M&E including research, methodology, data analysis, and/or project management;
* Demonstrated extensive knowledge of and experience supporting USAID-funded M&E projects and best practices required, including previous experience providing capacity building and support to projects in the field;
* Experience with implementing mobile data collection, cloud-based data management, and data visualization for M&E;
* Experience in designing systems for capturing and assessing both performance and impact data that facilitate evidence-based organizational learning;
* Must be willing to travel up to 30% to all countries where Tetra Tech ARD implements projects, including conflict and post-conflict countries;
* High level proficiency in MS Office, statistical applications and databases; knowledge of and ability to use GIS in M&E systems;
* Demonstrated proficiency in French and/or Spanish is preferred;
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.