This position is contingent upon funding
Pact seeks a Stabilization Advisor for a five-year USAID-funded transition and conflict mitigation program in South Sudan to strengthen South Sudanese confidence and capacity to address the causes and consequences of political conflict, violence, and instability. Objectives will focus on building capacity of civilian state authority; promote increased access to information and engagement of citizenry in support of political and peace processes at the local level; and engage at-risk youth and other vulnerable groups in productive social and economic activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analyze trends, local context and situations;
· Ensure programming reflects best practices and lessons learned in the field of stabilization and conflict mitigation;
· Coordinate with other stabilization actors in South Sudan;
· Provide intellectual leadership and technical expertise in transition programming and conflict mitigation/management;
· Advise on strategic direction of program portfolio based on informed and contextualized analysis of conflict drivers, patterns in conflict emergence and mitigation as well as effective mechanisms for addressing conflict dynamics at the community, state and national levels in South Sudan;
· Manage research and assessment efforts to ensure utilization of best practices in conflict and transitional environments;
· Create better understanding of needs in the context of South Sudan;
· Recommend programming objectives and identify necessary staff and administrative resources.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working on related programming in fluid, politically sensitive conflict and post-conflict environments;
- Experience in South Sudan;
- Fluent in English.
· Master’s degree in relevant field.
Note: This is an unaccompanied position.
To Apply visit Pact’s job board at: http://www.pactworld.org/cs/job_openings_list.