EABL operates within a multi cultural, multinational, multi currency environment. The company operates within the EA region including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Southern Sudan, Rwanda and Burundi.
Recognized as the leading value and premium drinks company that is proud of the growth of our brands and our people. The ambitious business goals focus our company on achieving strong growth through understanding of consumer & customer motivation, unleashing the potential of our people is core to our success.
The HR Advisor provides advisory services related to the employee life cycle. The Advisor is committed to creating a work environment that inspires people, develops talent and drives great performance.This role works closely with Senior HR Advisory, BU HRBP, Business shared service centre, EABL employees.
This position provides day to day delivery of the Service Delivery Agenda for their designated business unit and is the key resource for all data relating to the employee life cycle.
This position is a key knowledge source and acts as the first point of contact for all information and ELC issues pertaining to the employment contact. .
Member of Hygiene Safety Committee
Purpose of role
Implement & update all ELC processes and ensure alignment to the business strategy & values. This role exists as a key resource to guarantee the practical functionality of the HR function.
The role enables the key HR metrics and analytics required for decision support. Key analytics driver for all decisions within organisational design, Reward and Talent Delivery.
· Effective management of the process and policies supporting ELC - effective on boarding and effective management of leavers including all documentation and archiving.
· Effective management of all HRIS so as to ensure correctness of data sources for decision making and organizational effectiveness:
o 100% correctness of employee data within HR.NET,
o 100% correctness of employee data within Leave system.
o 100% correctness of personal filling system.
· Management of all documentation and sign offs required for generating payroll and payroll checklists.
· Management and escalation of all facilities related issues on own business site.
· To ensure the control environment, ensure the JML processes are fully implemented by line managers.
· Drafting and guaranteeing accuracy all employee external communications (Bank letters, immigration, embassy, revolving fund )
· Effective management of all HR functions and events ( Long Service Awards, Annual staff party, Value survey tracking, Town hall meetings, Free Issues, pay slip distribution)
· Consolidation and tracking of leave plans for the BU, tracking of confirmations and pension’s entitlement tracking.
· Monthly overtime analyses for BU providing insights into overspend/under spend.
Qualifications and Experience required:
· University Degree in business or other social science.
· Higher National Diploma (HRM)
· At least 2 years hands on post qualification experience in a management position grained from a blue chip organization or reputable firm.
· Up to date knowledge on Employment and Contract Laws as well as Retirement Benefits Act, rules and regulations
· Business and market human resources practical knowledge
· Planning and organization Skills.