John Snow Inc. (JSI) is a contractor for United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and is working as part of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and other US government funded health interventions. JSI primarily endeavors to strengthen or establish secure, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable supply chains capable of meeting the care and treatment needs of people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS, Malaria, and other diseases. In coordination with in-country and international partners, JSI assists programs to enhance their supply-chain capacity; ensure that accurate supply-chain information is collected, shared, and used; and provide quality, affordable, health care products to those who need them.
The JSI Tanzania field office is recruiting for one Senior Human Resource Officer to join the Human Resource Unit. This position will support all JSI projects in Tanzania.
LENGTH AND LOCATION OF POSITION: This is a full time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing guidance and support to employees and management in all HR related matters that include, manpower planning, recruitment and selection, performance management, staff welfare, compensation and benefits administration, staff training and development and maintenance of industrial relations. This position will report to and working alongside the Deputy Country Operations Director for the Operations. The Senior HRO person will provide leadership and strategic direction in the HR function according to JSI’s principles and best practices cognizant with the local environment.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Ensure that planned HR activities are coordinated across JSI,
2. Coordinate recruitment activities such as advert placement, long list and shortlist development, coordinating interviews, filing all interview records, preparing new employee entry materials,
3. Provide guidance and counseling to staff on HR related issues.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of a human resource program in the areas of employee relations, benefits and welfare administration, policies and procedures,
5. Coordinate employees’ performance management, assessment and improvement initiatives,
6. Coordinate various employee relations initiatives, including new employees’ orientation, exit interviews, etc.
7. Coordinate training and other staff development initiatives when needed,
8. Assist in the revision, development and implementation of the JSI Tanzania Human Resource policies and Procedures.
9. Update staff information in their personal files and ensure a high level of confidentiality in all issues related to staff,
10. Process staff leave applications and manage leaves of absence as per leave policy,
11. Manage the social security pension and medical scheme processes in line with Human Resource policies,
12. Coordinate disciplinary hearings and represent JSI in mediations whenever required to do so,
13. Supervise other HR staff,
14. Production of required HR reports,
15. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or the Management.
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals possessing the following minimum qualifications:
Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field At least 5 years employment experience in a Human Resource Senior Officer Role, preferably with a reputable International organization.
Strong working knowledge of Human Resource principles and accepted practices.
Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Excellent English, written and oral communications skills.
Demonstrated success in multicultural environment.
Strong knowledge of local labor laws, employment practices and industrial relations.
Strong leadership capabilities including organizational and problem solving skills Knowledge of computer application packages.
Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding Human Resource Management.
Good interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above position basing on qualification, experience and salary history.
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training, to the address below not later than 30 March 2012.
Please indicate on the envelope the position applied for. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application