EABL is the leading premium alcohol group in EAST Africa. The incumbent provides audit service to all the EABL group companies namely: Kenya Breweries Limited, Uganda Breweries Ltd., Central Glass Industries Ltd, East African Maltings Limited, IDU, UDV (Kenya) and Serengeti Breweries Limited. EABL is part of Diageo PLC, which is the world’s leading premium alcohol beverage company
EABL Global Audit & Risk (GAR) works with business management to evolve its risk management strategy towards the following key imperatives:
• Delivering high quality and risk based internal audit (‘assurance’) reviews of business processes, business change and the management of financial, operational and compliance risk
• Supporting and challenging the business to effectively identify, manage and report on business risk
This role will work closely with the Chairman of the Audit Committee, EABL Senior Leadership Team and the EABL executive. The EABL GAR team is also part of the Diageo GAR team and will also work on global audit and risk activities as EABL commitments permit.
• The role will have to encompass all the business units within EABL Group (EABL Group, KBL, UBL, UDV, KML, CGI and SBL).
• Worldwide there is renewed focus on Governance and Controls by regulators, resulting in laws such as the Sarbanes-Oxley act, requiring the incumbent to help in the development of new processes within the to ensure compliance with the ever increasing regulations.
This role is a team player and policy adviser at senior management and board level.
It also has direct responsibility over the EABL Global Audit & Risk. This role also has direct reports comprising 2 Managers, one Consultant and one Personal Assistant.
Required leadership capabilities therefore include:
• Relationship Management and business partnering skills – proven experience of building, developing and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders, especially senior management. The ability to influence strategic decisions across the business.
• Project Management skills with experience of managing and delivering different priorities
Purpose of Role:
• Provide assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and control procedures across the EABL group and other Diageo subsidiaries and highlight any particular risk areas.
• Provide assurance to senior management and the EABL Board Audit Committee on the effectiveness of the management of key risks.
• Assurance: Provide assurance to the EABL Audit Committee as mandated by the EABL Audit Committee Terms of Reference. Prepare annual rolling plans to ensure that all key areas of risk across the EABL Group are reviewed at least once every two years while applying a rigorous and efficient risk based audit approach to deliver deeper assurance in core areas.
• Risk Management: Hold the business to account for delivering and embedding a great quality risk management framework. Promoting the concept of “emerging risk” rather than “avoiding risk” through the application of a great risk management framework.
• Bachelors Degree
• Qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA or CA)
• CIA, CISA, MBA and other relevant professional certifications are an added advantage.
• Minimum of 8 years experience including in a multinational corporate environment, with significant exposure to some of the following areas: Finance, Marketing, Production technology, Risk management, Audit, IS and consulting.
• FMCG industry and related business issues such as brand management or brand financial management, production, logistics
• Risk management techniques, within a line role in an operating company or as a specialist.
• Internal / external audit experience.