Kiota Women’s Health and Development (KIWOHEDE) is a non-government organization with a focus to promote reproductive health, children’s rights, development and advocacy. It works to fight child sexual abuse, violence and exploitations, teen pregnancy, early marriages and school dropouts among girls across the country. The organization was founded in 1998 by health and social worker activists and registered in 1999. Since her inception KIWOHEDE has engaged in rights promotion, social economical and development approaches as the organizing principle of the projects to serve women, children, young people and the community.
KIWOHEDE manages 22 drop in centers and shelters in 16 districts of Tanzania, and focuses its interventions on young girls aged 9-24 who are at risk and vulnerable to forced sex work, hazardous domestic work, teen pregnancy, child marriage, trafficking, and child manning. In implementing one of its projects, KIWOHEDE in collaboration with We World will be implanting a project in Bunju Center to the vulnerable children/Youth. Therefore we are hereby to advertise the following posts for the suitable and qualified people to work with us at Bunju Center.
1. JOB TITLE: TEACHERS (MATHEMATICS 1POST, ENGLISH 1 POST, HISTORY 1 POST AND GEOGRAPHY AND KISWAHILI 1 POST)
The duties and responsibilities of a Teacher shall include the following:
• To teach and educate students according to guidelines provided by the National Curriculum under the overall guidance of the competent education authority;
• To teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/her care by the Center Manager.
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class;
• Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students;
• Teaching the applied subjects from form one to form four students
• Promote the use of English in your subject except in Kiswahili subject
• To prepare the lesson plans regularly
• To set the progressive tests and internal examinations regularly
• Make sure that you update the scheme of works timely
• Make sure that the log books and class journals are all filled properly
• Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school development plan of the particular school they are giving service in;
• Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students;
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behavior of one’s students;
• Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students;
• Participating in arrangements within an agreed national framework for the appraisal of students’ performance;
• Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students or class entrusted to him/her;
• Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers; providing information on sources of more expert advice;
• Communicating, consulting and co-operating with other members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students;
• Reviewing and evaluating one’s own teaching and learning strategies, Methodologies and programme/s in line with the National Curriculum Framework guidelines;
• Advising and co-operating with the center manager, Heads of Department, Education Officers, and other teachers in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral care arrangements;
• Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and learning of the subject/s. Through effective dialogue, participating in reciprocal peer review and observation of class teaching practice by the Head of Department (subject/level) concerned;
• Maintaining good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times;
• Participating in staff, group or other meetings related to the school for the better organization and administration of the school;
• Contributing to the professional development of new teachers and student teachers according to arrangements agreed with the Head of School;
• Providing the necessary information and advice to the designated personnel in the school and/or College and to provide all the necessary information regarding requisitions and arrangements in connection with the teaching of the subject/s assigned to him/her;
• Ensuring the safe custody and optimum use of equipment normally used by oneself during lessons and sees to its regular servicing and maintenance;
• Participating in school assemblies;
• Registering and monitoring the attendance of students under one’s care;
• Sharing in any possible and reasonable way in the effective management, organization, order and discipline of the school;
• Nurtures a culture where teachers view themselves essentially as facilitators of learning and reflective practitioners;
• The applicant must be a Degree /Diploma holder
• The applicant must have knowledge and ability on teaching the relevant subject according to his/her profession
• Applicant must have experience in teaching the applied subject
JOB TITLE: SOCIAL WORKER (1 POST)
• Be in charge of counseling and Rehabilitation services at Kiwohede Bunju center and work closely with network organization’s for Referral, recovery, reintegration and legal protection services.
• Provide education and supervision on some activities /program carried out by organization.
• Preparing and coordinating training, meetings and facilitating seminars and workshops to key stakeholders.
• Participate fully as a member of the project team, including active involvement in planning and review meetings performed by stakeholders.
• Mobilizing and provide support to society based on program implemented and ensure intended people participating fully.
• Research and gathering information on existing problems and provide advice on best approach.
• Provide strategy advice and guidance to the organization program.
• Oversees the preparation of the annual report of the organization.
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by one's reporting officer.
• Carry out an individual case assessment to determine needs, develop an individual care and protection plan, and refer the child to appropriate services depending on the needs
• Work in a collaborative team to provide expertise in development of best practices on health and social work practice, policies and strategies, as well as develop evidence-based care management tools and support
• Arrange for Child participation in all project activities as an important aspect to ensure the best interests of the child
• Degree holder in social work, or sociology from any recognized organization
• Experience in working with vulnerable children
• Must be able to work independently, have demonstrated patient care planning and patient teaching skills and strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Swahili language
• Must observe the issues of child protection and adhere to Kiwohede child protection policy.
3. JOB TITLE: VET TRAINER- WEAVING
• Teaching children/youth weaving skills
• To prepare the lesson plans regularly
• Oversees the preparation of the annual report of the organization.
• Responsible for the overall upkeep of looms and associated equipment
• Operate tie machines for warps
• Diagnose equipment/process issues, determine root cause and implement solutions
• Perform in depth troubleshooting of equipment repair with a focus on robust corrective action
• Ability to interpret technical writing and procedures
• Responsible to observe department’s regulations and to use personal protective equipment as required, must be safety conscious and lockout/tag out trained.
• Facilitate teams’ progress towards successful accomplishment of established goals
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by one's reporting officer
• Applicant must be form four or six leaver
• Holder of diploma or certificate from any recognized institutions
• Applicant who are graduate from VETA are highly preferred
• Fluent communication in both English and Swahili Language
JOB TITLE: SECURITY GUARD (1 Post)
• Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
• Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
• Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
• Maintains site stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Maintaining cleanness of the site.
• Answers alarms and investigate disturbances
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security
• Call police or fire department in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
• Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
• Remove wrongdoers or trespassers from the area
• Secure all exits, doors and windows after end of operations
• Provide assistance to people in need
• Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrence
• Excellent Surveillance and observation Skills,
• Proven experience as security officer or guard
• Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
• Familiarity with report writing
• Registered as a security officer
• Trained in First Aid and self defense
Whoever think is legible to either one among the posts advertised above, should apply by sending his or her application including a letter of motivation, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate's professional qualifications and work experience. Remember to state the job vacancy you are applying for.
Please remember we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed
All applications should be channeled to:
Kiota Women’s Health and Development Organization (KIWOHEDE)
DAR ES SALAAM
Copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications will be 4th January 2017. Interview will be conducted 11th January 2017 at KIWOHEDE HEADQUARTERS BUGURUNI MALAPA. Gender has to be considered for the shortlisted.