Workers Compensation Fund (WCF) is a Social Security Scheme established in accordance with Section 5 of the Workers Compensation Act (Cap 263 R.E of 2015). The main purpose for the establishment of the Fund is to provide for adequate and equitable compensation for employees who suffer occupational injuries or contract occupational diseases arising out of, and in the course of their employment and in case of death, for their dependants. The Fund started its operations on 1stJuly 2015. All employers in the public and private sectors in Mainland Tanzania are compulsorily required to contribute to the Fund.
The objectives of the Fund are:
Provision of adequate and equitable compensation to beneficiaries when employees suffer occupational injuries or contract occupational diseases.
Rehabilitation of employees who have suffered occupational injuries or have contracted occupational diseases in order to assist in restoring their health, independence and participation in society.
Providing for a framework for effective, prompt and empathetic consideration, settlement and payment of compensation benefits to employees and their dependants.
Providing for the legal framework for contributions to and payments from the Fund, control and administration of assets of the Fund.
Giving effect to international obligations with respect to workers' compensation.
Promotion of prevention of accidents and occupational diseases.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
All applicants must be Citizens of Tatizania and not above 45 years
Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone
iii) Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in
(iv) Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced DiplomalDiploma transcripts.
• Form IV and Form Vi National Examination Certificates.
• Professional certificates from respective boards
(v) Result slips/transcripts submitted without relevant certificates
will not be accepted.
)vil Presentation of forged academic certificates and other
information intheCVwill necessitateto legal action.
Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for
whatever reason should not apply.
Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or
advanced level education should be certified by The National
Examination Council of Tanzania INECTA).
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified byThe
Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
The attachments shall include one recent passport size photos
certified copies of academic certificates and the applicant's
Deadline for application is 15th December 2016, 17.00 hours.
Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for
Application letters should be written in Swahili or English.
The Fund invites applications from qualified and motivated candidates who are computer literate to fill the following vacant positions:
FINANCE OFFICERS GRADE II - 2 POSTS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintaining financial and related documents including files, registers, payment and journal
vouchers, cash books and such other documents.
• Making follow up and collecting all bank related documents.
• Entering data into t h e accounting system.
• Maintaining contributions records.
• Receiving and undertaking payments of cash.
• Preparing payment and journal vouchers
• Maintaining of cash books.
• Maintaining Fund'sGeneral Ledger.
• Preparing Bank Reconciliation Statements.
• Maintaining Funds Assets Registers.
• Preparing debtor schedules and reconciling them with general ledger.
• Making follow up of debts to ensure prompt collection.
• Maintaining subsidiary books.
• Writing cheques in respect of all members claims.
• Performing any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION S A N D EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree either in Accounting, Finance Commerce (majoring in Accountancy or finance) or
Business Administration (majoring in Accountancy) from a recognized institution. Must have basic
knowledge in the application of accounting packages.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Fund's Salary Scale.
All applications must be sent through Workers Compensation Fund address below:
Director General, Workers Compensation Fund , 6th Floor, GEPF House, Regent Estate, Bagamoyo Road, P.O. Box 79655, DAR ES SALAAM.