Number: 017/2012 Date: 3/26/2012
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES: March 26-April 9, 2012
POSITION TITLE: Chief Accountant
START DATE: o/a October 7, 2012
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, Office of Financial Management
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-12 (Ugshs. 87,067,500 to 125,851,069 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified Ugandan to fill the position of Chief Accountant.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Serves as the principal and expert Foreign Service National professional Chief Accountant for all day-to-day Controller functions and operations – including budgeting, accounting, reporting and payments. This also includes coordinating and liaising with the Financial Analyst/Accountants at post. Acts as the alter ego to the Controller and in some instances serves as Acting Controller in the Controller and Deputy Controller’s absence. Directly supervises eleven (11) Foreign Service National staff.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education Required: Possession of a Master’s degree and/or CPA in accounting, finance, or business administration.
2. Work Experience: Six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting, auditing or other related field. Must have experience in extensive use of automated accounting systems and computer software and systems. Two years of previous supervisory experience is highly desirable.
3. Language Requirement: Level IV (fluent) English language proficiency in speaking, and reading.
4. Knowledge: Applicants must have thorough knowledge of professional accounting principles, theories, practices and terminology, as well as the principles and accepted practices of Ugandan governmental and business institutions with regards to finance, accounting, budgeting and reporting.
5. Skills and Abilities: Computer literacy in word processing using Microsoft, and spreadsheets is required. Report writing skills essential. An extremely high level of analytical and managerial skills and sound judgment. The ability to assess highly complex issues involving management and systems in order to detect strengths, weaknesses and internal control implications is highly valued. The ability to assess differing points of view and, considering fiscal and management responsibility, the ability to develop a consensus and plan of action to be implemented. Strong interpersonal skills are essential to represent USAID needs and to maintain high-level contacts within USAID, implementing partners, auditors and governmental communities.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include the following documentation
(i) A completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) - http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html;
(ii) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(iii) A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iv) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(v) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
Note: Current U.S. Government employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
1. By mail:
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Ggaba Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
2. By Fax:
0414-306-499 - ATTENTION: HR
3. Or by e-mail:
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: April 9, 2012