Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya. To take our increasingly vibrant market to the next level, the Authority now invites applications from qualified, competent and experienced candidates to fill the position of Assistant Manager, Procurement.
We are looking for candidates who are proactive high performers; goal oriented, possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to meet deadlines, have a strong attention to detail as well as having a view of the big picture and are dynamic.
Assistant Manager Procurement – HCA / AMP / 01
Reporting to the Manager, Human Capital & Administration, the Assistant Manager Procurement is responsible for the Management of the supply chain function at the Authority which includes procurement of goods, works and services, disposal of obsolete, unserviceable and surplus stores, inventory management and contract management; coordinating all procurement activities thereof and coordinating the internal monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain function.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Leading and managing the procurement function while ensuring governance and compliance with the public procurement regulations, including;
- Development, facilitation, implementation, monitoring & review of procurement plans;
- Developing and streamlining the procurement function in line with and in compliance to the Public Procurement Act 2005;
- Develop, review, facilitate and implement management initiatives for cost reduction plans;
- Undertake contracts negotiation, review and management in conjunction with the respective directors and heads of departments;
- Performs secretarial role to the Authority’s Tender Committee and Disposal Committee;
- Coordinate the preparation of tenders for advertisement , opening and evaluation;
- Recommend a negotiating team for appointment by the Accounting Officer where negotiations are allowed by the Act and Regulations and participate in such negotiations;
- Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contracts;
- Advise the Authority on aggregation of procurement to promote economies of scale;
- Prepare and submit to the PPOA quarterly procurement reports as required;
- Coordinate preparation of the Authority’s Annual procurement Plans;
- Provide information, as required for any petition or investigation to debar a Tenderer or any investigation under review procedures;
- Liaise with PPOA and other bodies on matters related to procurement;
- Advise directorates and staff on all matters to do with procurement of goods and services in line with the provisions of the Procurement Act and the Regulations.
- Degree in Commerce, Economics or Supplies Management;
- Relevant Masters Degree is added Advantage.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management;
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience with 3 years at senior level;
- Knowledge of the Public Procurement Act and Regulations;
- High level of attention to detail, high integrity, good analytical and report writing skills; effective interpersonal skills, materials management skills, negotiation skills, record keeping skills, customer relations and computer skills.
Capital Markets Authority
P.O Box 74800 – 00200
The closing date is April 11, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.