Enabling Leadership is a non-profit organization that invests in creative programs that use Sport and Music to develop Leadership Skills in underprivileged children. We have established and supported programs that today reach over 1,000 children in India, Nepal and the Philippines.
We are ready to scale our operations to reach a much larger number of children, expand the portfolio of programs, and establish activities in several additional countries. We are looking to hire a Marketing and Communications Manager working on a full time basis to develop and execute our Marketing and Communications Strategy.
Marketing and Communications Manager at Enabling Leadership
You will be a key team member reporting to the Board of the Foundation. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing a marketing and communications strategy to promote awareness and understanding of Enabling Leadership’s mission and programs and increase visibility among key stakeholders. The ideal candidate is passionate about our cause, and is self-managed, strategic, creative and flexible. This is a remote home-office based function and might require some international travel.
Main Job responsibilities:
- Develops and implements strategic communication plans and messaging for both internal and external organizational needs. Prioritizes with limited resources to execute effectively.
- Develops an outcome-driven approach to telling the story of Enabling Leadership’s impact.
- Works closely with Program Manager for media outreach engagements. Curates photographs and videography of Enabling Leadership programs.
- Prepares marketing collateral and sources contributions. Writes, edits and publishes newsletters, brochures and other materials. Creates media material for events and public speaking engagements that Enabling Leadership will participate in.
- Manages Enabling Leadership’s website and relevant social media accounts. Collaborates with the Program Manager to maintain fresh and relevant content and news.
- Writes regular blogs and creates a network of partners who can comment on Enabling Leadership’s domain of work.
- Works closely with Fundraising Manager in content development and presentation of funding requests. Assists with creating campaign and event related materials.
- Drafts and finalizes Impact Reports, Annual Reports and any other reports with input from Program and Fundraising Managers and review from the Board.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Fluency in other languages an advantage. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Expertise and experience in the use of social media in today’s media landscape.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications best practices.
- Proficient in the use of analytical tools and computer programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, database management, etc.).
- Strong team player, self-managed and proactive with a demonstrated sense of ownership.
- A deep commitment to making a difference and Enabling Leadership’s cause.
- A formal degree in marketing and communications preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a communications or marketing role. Non-profit experience would be an advantage.
Time commitment: Full time
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
If this position sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org by sending us a brief description of your background and motivation.
You can read more about us at: www.enablingleadership.org