Department: Appraisal Monitoring & Evaluation Unit (AMEU)
Position: Appraisal Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Assistant
Direct Hierarchy: Appraisal Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer
Contract duration: Six Months
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting Date: TBC
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
Under the direct supervision of the Appraisal Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, he/she is responsible for supporting the AME Officer by providing data analysis services, design and implementation of ToRs, tools and plans related to assessments, monitoring and evaluations conducted by AMEU.
The AME Assistant shall be responsible for:
Assist the AMEU officer to prepare and implement monitoring and evaluation plans to measure project progress and impact indicators;
· Assist in planning data collection and project monitoring in the various areas of intervention;
· Dealing with routine problems arising in the course of data handling ;
Assist the line manager in creating operational data management and data analysis systems using SPSS, MS Excel and STATA to enable effective monitoring and evaluation;
Providing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, writing and compiling reports to inform programme development and implementation;
· Generating trends of key indicators of projects per sector i.e. WASH, Food Security, Livelihood and Early Warning.
Assist to Improve AMEU processes and procedures including data collection skills, data quality, analysis and report writing;
· Assist the Data Analyst to support the set-up of all the databases required by ACTED teams, developing the related tools (database structures, surveyor informatics forms and data entry screens, workflow for database population and update)
· To assist in managing the databases and develop queries, specific export files and report
· Assist the Data Analyst in training of enumerators, AMEU and program staff on management of data and interpretation of results and findings;
· Provide trend analysis on key indicators of projects per sector, e.g. WASH, Livelihood, Early Warning, etc. Work closely with the GIS Officer to ensure an accurate and dynamic link between the GIS and AMEU, ensuring data collected can be spatially referenced.
· To actively participate in the design and implementation of ToRs, tools and plans related to assessments, monitoring and evaluations conducted by AMEU;
· Immediately inform the line manager in case of problems, delays, deviations from agreed work plans etc.;
· Adhere to HAP standards as set by ACTED;
· Any other task as assigned by the supervisor
· Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Sociology, M&E or related field.
· Excellent analytical skills in order to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and discern useful recommendations for programme implementation and development.
· Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis;
· Extensive experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for humanitarian and development initiatives/interventions. Knowledge and experience of participatory rural appraisal methods an asset.
· At least 3 years of work experience in a similar field; former experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
· Somali National with good English communications skills (both oral and written) and report writing skills. Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
· Excellent team management skills
· Strong people management and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 12th September 2016
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. If you receive any email/calls in relation to ACTED’s recruitment and you are unsure about its validity or origin, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org