Tanzania National parks (TANAPA) is a Parastatal Organization whose mandate is to manage and regulate the use of areas designated as National Parks. The organization currently manages sixteen National Parks which form part of larger protected ecosystems set aside to preserve Tanzania’s rich natural heritage.
In her endeavor to promote professionalism, the organization seeks to recruit high caliber, results oriented and self-driven professionals with integrity to fill Ninety-Two (92) posts of Park Rangers to work in various National Parks.
Park Rangers Grade IV (92 POSTS)
Reporting Relationship:Report to Park Wardens / Heads of Protection Department in the Respective Parks
Duty Station: National Parks
Form IV Certificate with Basic Certificate in Wildlife Conservation from Pasiansi Wildlife Conservation Training Institute. Candidates with Certificate in basic military training from the National Service will be considered for recruitment after a successful completion of a three months field training conducted by TANAPA.
(iii) Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducting patrol activities
• Providing guard services in the Park
• Receiving and sending radio messages during patrols
• Undertaking cleaning functions at the ranger posts
• Arresting offenders
• Attending cases/court hearings, giving evidence in wildlife cases
• Participating in early fire burning and suppression activities
• Collecting information on unusual events and monitoring activities
• Writing patrol reports
• Participating in rescue operations.
(iv) Age limit:Not above 25 years of age
(v) Salary Scale: TAN 01
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only qualified applicants should submit their application with copies of relevant academic, professional certificates, copy of Birth certificate and testimonials so as to reach the undersigned within period of 21 days from the first date of appearance of this advertisement.