Pharmaceutical Technician - Mbeya , Katavi , Ruvuma
Reports to Regional Clinical Coordinator/Program Pharmacy Technical Advisor
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Medical Stores Department (MSD) to monitor stock of all HIV related commodities in the region. Provide technical assistance in implementation of pharmacy module data a base.
• Work with Regional and Council Health Management Teams (RHMT and CHMT), to ensure availability of needed commodities to all sites in the region.
• Coordinate trainings within the region for RHMT, CHMT and facility staff on
• Provide direct on-job training to facility staff in commodity management through participation in supportive supervision and mentorship activities.
• Provide technical assistance to other HJFMRI regional team members in commodity management and pharma related issues.
• Working with HJFMRI regional team, RHMT, and MSD, to monitor adverse drug reactions throughout the region.
• Stay in close communication with HJFMRI HQ Pharmacy Advisor by updated him/her on regional commodity status and adverse drug reactions on a monthly basis. .
• Continuously assess medical and community partner's needs and advise the
program on areas to build capacity.
• Collaborate with partners to develop their annual work plans and budget prior to the submission to the central HJFMRI office.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with RHMT and CHMT members and the MSD.
• Participate and provide technical assistance in various regional and district
HIV related meetings.
• Work with Pharmacists at the region and district level to ensure appropriate
filling and timely submissions of R&R forms to HJFMRI
Any other duties or assignment in the support of the program
• Diploma in Pharmacy
• At least 2 years of working experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Program Management Experience
• Previous experience in HIV/AIDS Programming highly desired
Excellent leadership and managerial skills
• Track record of data driven decision making
• Experience working with USG funded programs desirable
• Ability to travel at least 50% of the time within the region
• Clear understanding of Tanzanian health structure and systems Diplomatic and culturally sensitive with excellent communications skills
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity and flexibility in problem solving
• Fluent in oral and written English
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or e-mail NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications. Hand delivery applications are not acceptable.