Senior Technology Project Manager
To develop implementation plans for complex technology projects and provide technical guidance to Technology Project Managers in their daily responsibilities; observing the bank’s project methodology, quick to market timelines, approved budget, security standards and compliance & quality requirements.
The incumbent that we are looking for will be responsible to:
• Ensure successful implementation, end-to-end system and users acceptance testing (UAT) and live deployment of new or changed business systems / products / integrations approved by the Product Approval Committee (PAC).
• Prepare Project Initiation Documents (PID) / project charter, project dashboard, detailed project plan, budget tracker, action log list, decision log list, issues/risk log list as important tools for management and monitoring/governance of complex ICT projects.
• Regular update of project documents to reflect latest project status and present the same to the project steering committee during the governance meeting.
• Coordinate and run implementation activities for complex business systems / products / integrations (new or changed) within various ICT systems as per approved solution design document.
• Provide guidance and leadership on project management activities carried out by both Technology Project Managers to ensure that business systems / products / integrations (new or changed) are completed successfully as expected:
• Coordinate component testing and end-to-end System Integration Testing (SIT) activities with the respective administrators of the systems involved in the project.
• Conduct system administration training and hand-over of the completed system / product / integration to the first level support ICT team and respective second level support ICT unit
• Ensure User Acceptance Testing (UAT), training and reconciliation process is done with the respective product owner / business unit.
• Deploy new business systems / products & services / integrations into live and Disaster Recovery (DR) environments after getting clearance of risk evaluation from ICT risk team as well as Change Advisory Board (CAB) approval.
• Plan and implement capacity building, training and succession plan activities for the Technology Project Managers
• Strong project management skills
• Team work & people management skills.
• Proven documentation & report writing skills.
• Strong interpersonal and good communication skills
• Conversant with the following ICT systems: Flexcube Core Banking System, SWIFT, Treasury OPICS, Sybrin, Revenue Collection System, ERP, BI & Analytics /SAP,DMS, I & W & Achieve systems, AD/Exchange & Collaboration (SCCM, SCOM), Reconciliation Engine, SMS gateway, Testing, Monitoring & Management systems, ATM / POS switch, Internet banking, Mobile Banking systems, Agency Banking systems, Integrations / interface with 3rd party business partners: MNOs, Aggregators, Utility / Service Providers (billers).
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related academic field.
• Professional certification in Project Management is mandatory.
• IT professional certifications in ITIL. Foundation level is a mandatory, Intermediate level is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of relevant work & management experience in ICT systems projects implementation.