PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref. Na EA.7/96/01/A/24 4th August, 2011
The Public Service Recruitment Secretariat was established in accordance with Section No. 29 (1) of the Public Service (Amendment) Act, 2007. One of the main functions of this organ is to advertise vacant posts occurring in the Public Service and conduct recruitment process.
On behalf of the Ministry of Finance (East Africa Statistical Training Centre),
Tanzania Parliament Service Commission and Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development (National Housing and Building Research Agency - NHBRA), the Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanian to fill various vacant posts as shown below:-
1.0 TANZANIA PARLIAMENT SERVICE COMMISSION
The Tanzania Parliament derives its mandate from the Provisions of Article
62 of the Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania, (Cap.2) of the Revised Laws of Tanzania, 2002 Edition. Section 12(1) of the National Assembly (Administration) Act, No. 14 of 2008 establishes the Parliamentary Service
Commission whose functions are outlined by section 13 of the said Act.
1.1 LIBRARIAN GRADE II - (2 VACANCIES) – READVERTISED
The post was erroneously advertised in our advert with wrong entry qualification
1.1.1 Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs Action Plan for subordinate staff who works in Library.
• Ensure that the Library environment is clean and well organized.
• Prepare guidelines, Procedures and regulations on the use of Library.
• Computerises documents of research reports or any other working papers
• Catalogue books and other documents
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
• Applicant for the post must be holder of Bachelor Degree in Librarianship or its Equivalent from a recognized Institution or Universities.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Parliamentary salary scale (PSS. D).
2.0 NATIONAL HOUSING AND BUILDING RESEARCH AGENCY (NHBRA)
The National Housing and Building Research Agency (NHBRA) is an Executive
Agency established by the Executive Agency Act No. 30 0f 1997 and is charged with day to day management of Housing and building research in Tanzania under the ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development. The Agency aim at improving the standards of human settlements and therefore the quality of the rural and urban community, and hence promote the socio-economic development of the country.
2.1 CHIEF EXECUTIVE
2.1.1 Reports to:
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements
Development; working under the Permanent Secretary general supervision.
2.1.2 Nature and Scope of the Position:
The Chief Executive Officer shall be the head of the Agency and will oversee the day to day operations of NHBRA. He/she shall be responsible for the proper management of NHBRA’S funds, property, personnel and activities.
2.1.3 Duties and Responsibilities:
The Chief Executive shall be the Agency’s Accounting Officer with the following, financial responsibilities (as provided for in his Framework Document and the Order establishing the special fund for the Agency under the Public Finance Act, the
Executive Agencies Act and its Regulations): This will include alignment of the
Agency strategy with the vision and strategy of the Government of Tanzania. He/she shall perform functions in accordance with an Annual Performance Agreement between him/her and the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Lands. He/she shall perform the following functions.
• Lead the development of the Agency and manage the day to day operations.
• Prepare and implement strategic and business plans and associated budgets and policy of the Agency.
• Prepare and implement a technical research programme according to the Agency’s plan.
• Mobilise and manage effectively the Agency’s resources and budget.
• Promote NHBRA Services.
• Recruit, appoint and manage effectively employees of the NHBRA.
2.1.4 Qualifications and Experience:
The Chief Executive should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Masters degree or a doctorate in the Sciences or Social Sciences from a recognised University or College.
• At least 5 years working experience in management level in recognised research institution.
• Sound capability in leadership and managerial skills.
• Not below 40 and not above 55 years of age.
• Experience in NHBRA functions is an added advantage.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Agency’s salary scale.
3.0 EASTERN AFRICA STATISTICAL TRAINING CENTRE (EASTC)
The Eastern Africa Statistical Training Centre was established by act no 28 of
1994 and later established by Act No. 30 of 1997 of Executive Agency and officially launched on 17rh May, 2002. The Centre is currently under the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs.
As an Executive Agency, EASTC is operating ‘semi’ autonomously in providing quality education in the field of Statistics. EASTC is accredited by NACTE as an Institute of Higher Learning, mandated to conduct Training, Research and Consultancy Programs in the fields of Statistics.
3.1 ASSISTANT LECTURER - 1 POSITION (MATHEMATICS) – READVERTISED
3.1.1 Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaches up to NTA level 8 ( Bachelor Degree),
• Prepares learning resources for tutorial exercises,
• Conducts research, seminars and case studies,
• Supervises student project,
• Prepares teaching manuals,
• Providing consultation to participants of program run by the centre under the supervision of senior members of staff and
• Setting, administering and marking of examinations to determine performance.
3.1.2 Qualifications and Experience:
• Holder of Masters Degree or equivalent in Mathematics from recognized
Institutions of higher learning.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Public Higher Learning
Institutions Salary Scales - PHTS 11.
i. All applicants have to be Citizens of Tanzania
ii. Applicants have to attach current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
iii. For the post of Librarian II applicants should not be above 45 years of age
iv. The title of the position applied for should be marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants have to attach their detailed certified copies of Academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 issued 30th November 2010.
vii. Applicants currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
ix. Applicants who are retired from Public Service for whatever reasons should not apply.
x. Testimonials, Provisional results, statement of results, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
xi. This advert is also found in www.utumishi.go.tz, www.ardhi.go.tz, www.parliament.go.tz and www.pmoralg.go.tz
xii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xiii. Dead line for application is 19th August, 2011 at 15:30 PM.
xiv. Application letters should be in English and sent to the following address:-
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P.O. Box 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Head of Finance and Administration - Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international African humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards i...
7 hours ago