Duties and Account abilities:
To perform according to expectations, the incumbent would be expected to:
• Transport authorized personnel to/from airports, meetings/appointments, and other official duties, including business travel to/from locations throughout Tanzania.
• Drive the assigned office vehicles, ensuring the safety of staff and/or authorized passengers, vehicle and other road users, for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meet any other transportation requirements.
• Meet official personnel, including mission staff at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
• Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc,
• Perform minor routine repairs, and be responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle, including arranging for other vehicle repairs as per prevailing procedure.
• Ensure that the vehicle is always clean (interior and exterior, including safety belts) and assist or ensure that all passengers have fastened safety belts.
• Ensure that the vehicle is equipped with First Aid kit and that he/she is trained in providing first aid. Check expiry date for consumables in the kit and seek replacement as appropriate.
• Log official trips as per the World Bank’s policies, including daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes etc.
• Ensure that the vehicle’s documentation is always current, including display of current insurance cover at all times.
• Observe the host country’s traffic rules and regulations.
• Always check and adhere to security information from the supervisor or the environment for safe drive within and outside the cities.
• Maintain confidentiality of any passenger’s discussions or phone conversations.
• Report accidents or incidents immediately to the supervisor and ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
• Perform any other task assigned by the Country Director and/or supervisor.
Valid Driver’s License and capable of Defensive Driving; and a minimum of an intermediate school certificate.
• Thorough knowledge of driving rules and regulations and be conversant with the Road Security Code.
• A minimum of 5 years’ professional driving experience with a safe driving record.
• Proficient to effectively communicate in English (verbal and written).
• Possess basic skills in minor vehicle repairs and maintenance. Vocational training in auto maintenance and repair would be a plus.
• Knowledge of UN system security procedures will be an added advantage.
• Ability to pass World Bank security clearance, medical test, UN DSS basic and advanced security clearance examinations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to team-oriented work.
• Willingness to drive throughout Kenya and neighboring countries.