The Tanganyika Law Society (TLS) is the professional association for Lawyers in Mainland Tanzania with prime objective of promoting the rule of law by representing its members' interests and by advising the government and the general public on matters pertaining to the law, human rights and access to justice.
In its efforts to improve its Secretariat team, TLS intends to recruit two Assistant Accountants to help to provide support to the organization in all accounting aspects. This is an opportunity for someone to be involved with all accounting whilst being supported and developed by an experienced Finance Manager. Specifically Assistant Accountants will be responsible for
1. Preparation of payment vouchers and Cheques
2. Maintaining petty cash book
3. Maintaining staff imprest records & retirement.
4. Maintaining members' accounts.
5. Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations.
6. To make timely payment of taxes, salaries, creditors and statutory contributions in order to avoid penalties.
7. Completing purchase orders
8. Managing payroll
9. Assist in preparation of budgets
10. Entering financial information into accounting software
11. Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
12. Verifying bank deposits
13. Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
14. Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing events budget, records, and statements
15. Posting daily receipts.
16. Reporting on debtors and creditors
17. Handling accruals and prepayments
18. Properly filing financial documents
19. To perform such other duties as may assigned from time to time by supervisors.
Skills and Experience Required:
B. Com Degree (Accounting) or Equivalent.
1. To have served a minimum of 2 years
2. To have good communication and report writing skills.
3. Be studying towards a relevant professional qualification.
4. Proven ability to build relationships and credibility.
5. Strong analytical skills
6. Must be computer literate - Excel and Word skills.
7. Willingness to work a flexible schedule when required
8. Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Salary and Benefits:
Successful candidates will receive attractive packages commensurate with her/his qualifications and experience, inclusive of fringe benefits.
If you are qualified and you wish to join a dynamic and fast-paced working environment of Tanganyika Law Society, KINDLY apply in confidence by submitting an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), relevant copies of your academic certificates and the names and contact information of three referees. Application documents should be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Tanganyika Law Society,
P.O. Box 2148,
Dar es Salaam.