EFC Tanzania is a Microfinance Bank that provides financial services i.e. taking deposits and providing loans to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and individuals. The bank is growing fast with the focus of reaching out to the unbanked business by growing its network throughout Tanzania in the coming years. To accomplish this, the bank needs to recruit SME Manager who are competent, analytical, experienced and hardworking individuals determined to go extra mile for their career growth and future.
The Credit Manager SME is the overall incharge for the growth and management of the SME loan portfolio in the bank It is the primary objective of the Credit Manager SME to provide leadership, coordination and oversight in the day-to-day management, administration, quality and growth of the entire SME loan portfolio in the bank. The Credit Manager SME is accountable for the growth, review of loan applications as well as for raising deposits and increasing the bank’s customer base and geographic footprint that will facilitate EFC’s Bank continued growth and fulfillment of its mission. EFC Bank’s activities include lending, saving and banking transactions for both individuals as well as micro, small and medium sized companies.
Duties & Responsibilities
• The Credit Manager SME is primarily responsible for achieving the bank’s SME loan targets and the day-to-day management of his team. The Credit Manager SME further is to enssure the effectiveness of departmental internal controls, maintain and exceed established targets and quality standards and eliminate bottlenecks that effect departmental productivity.
The principal responsibilities are to:
• Achieving SME loan targets – ensure that the bank’s SME loan targets are achieved or exceeded, both in terms of numbers, volume as well as in terms of quality.
• Marketing SME loan products – ensure SME loan product,design, testing, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality are done inline with the Bank Business Plan;
• SME loans Risk Management – ensure that the key risk related to SME loans performance indicators are effectively managed within the prescribed limits;
Other tasks and responsibilities that will enable the fulfillment of the above noted responsibilities include:
• Take the lead role in driving the SME business through networking and promoting SME activity with Credit Officers, BLC Managers and Branch Managers
• Review SMEs credit appraisals from Credit Officers and advise/present to Credit Committee for decision
• Actively build the capacity of the SME Credit Officers through on-going mentoring and support
• Benchmark EFC SME products and services to that of competitors in the market
• Monitoring and ensure SMEs loan portfolio performance is good and within the acceptable portfolio at risk level
• Ensure SME customer satisfaction for the banks products and services by providing accurate advice for selling in line with the bank expectations
• Advise bank management on all aspects of the development of SMEs Business within the bank
• Review Credit Officers –SME performance in areas of responsibility
• Responsible for preparation, consolidation and sharing all reports from SME department to management and other stakeholders.
• Take the lead in preparing the SMEs marketing strategy and ensure its performance and implementation
• Works closely with Credit Officers – SME in monitoring credit quality by highlighting early warning signs of credit deterioration
• Prepare credit reports for new proposals and renewals and provide guidance on structuring of credits, due diligence and KYC so as to ensure that credits meets bank’s standards
• Timely evaluation and credit grading of accounts, understanding of risks associated with individual transaction, annual review and raising appropriate concerns
• Maintain financial information in loan accounts including financial covenants, spreads and interim reports
• Ensure compliance with bank’s Credit policy and procedures, ensure that exceptions are properly noted
• Undertake annual review of security documentation for all SMEs accounts. Ensure all documentation is received and up to date for assigned portfolio
• Oversee and assess SME loans in line with the bank credit policies, procedures and internal controls with the objective to meet growth demands while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and service;
• Direct SME loan monitoring, analysis and reporting of credit performance indicators, ratios and results together with corrective action as necessary;
• Develop and oversee, in collaboration with other Managersimplementation of effective SME business development strategies including identification of geographic growth opportunities and priorities;
• Performance of any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisors.
Qualifications & Requirements (i.e. education, skills and experience)
The Credit Manager SME should absolutely have good practical knowledge of credit portfolio management in the financial services sector and the foresight to see how the intricate day-to-day credit related activities link with and support the achievement of the mission and vision of the EFC. In this regard, specific qualifications and requirements include:
• Bachelors Degree in Business Management or Finance/Economics;
• A minimum of five -Seven years’ experience lending to entrepreneurs in the micro and small enterprises sector;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
• Excellent planning, organizing and problem solving skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation;
• Good leadership, conflict management, negotiation and team building skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of interest detailing their motivation for the position applied for together with their Curriculum Vitae, three professional references and copies of academic Certificates/Diplomas/Degree and others Closing Date is 22nd February 2017. The letters should be addressed to: Human Resources Department, EFC Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited, 8th Floor, Tanzanite Park, 38 New Bagamoyo Road, P.O. Box 11735, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.